• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Congrats to those who finally got their DD PF. A long time coming, and it looks great.

1zweyih.jpg

:whee:

I felt :o at the size and detail of the statue when I got it out of the box! It fit perfectly on the shelf. The detail is so good that my poor daughter was afraid of it. :D

Looks awesome! :cloud9:

The weathering is horrible compared to the proto. Something the Aliens and Predator line has suffered from. I'm not expecting proto quality, but not some lazy sunburst on the forehead. You can't see from this angle but they repositioned a dread across the left side of the mask with the production piece and they changed the angle of the plasma caster so it's not facing the direction he's looking.

Mine actually came with part of the dreads chipped off. Unfortunately SS doesn't have a replacement. So I'll be getting credit and info on the touch up paint used.

Ah! That makes a lot of sense... and totally would take the shine off it. Fingers crossed it all works out!

I ordered my first head piece last night, the 1:1 Dark Knight Cowl from the Noble Collection. Hoping it survives the international shipping without chipping etc.

Does anyone have advice on the best places to pick up DC Black & White statues online?

I never thought I'd buy an MOS statue. I'm a huge classic Superman fan, and that's my preferred costume. But I became aware of this thing of beauty today, and just had to preorder.

I love how he appears to be floating above the base. It has two profiles, one angry with a light-up heat vision feature.

mos_zpsrxv9yivm.jpg

whiteeyes_zpsd4viz5yr.jpg

redeyes_zpsijoz1z4d.jpg

@NearMint - Yeah that is rad... That floating appearance is sa-wheet! And the glowing eyes/angry face. Unreal. To be frank, he doesn't look super impressed in either, but that suits MOS supes.

Also, I have signed up again at sideshow freaks (I killed my old account a couple of years ago when I got the "purge bug" and sold my hot toys and statues) and saw you active on there. Makes me happy to see cgc boardies on other boards... like a friendly face amongst a sea of strangers.

I am back on the bandwagon.... Have ordered and have en route to me:

Noble Collection's 1:1 dark knight special edition cowl:

411tbb85KbL._SY300_.jpg

DCD B&W Lee Bermejo Joker v2:

dc-collectibles-batman-black-white-joker-statue-by-lee-bermejo-second-edition-3__43207.1437990692.1280.1280.jpg

DCD B&W D'Anda Scarecrow:

dc-collectibles-batman-black-white-scarecrow-statue-by-carlos-d-anda-3__34669.1437990698.450.600.jpg

Kotobukia ArtFX Deadpool:

e6bd629e77cd1b63f56a5276466a0b15.jpg

---

And am currently trying to source DCD B&W Harley:

large-DCD631987.jpg

and the Kotobukiya 75th anniversary Bob Kane Bats:

first-batman-statue-lu6kb0zssfrjk8i5awzgbb324e819h9fizk07lldno.png

I have an account at Freaks but I stopped posting there because I can't stand it. lol

I never thought I'd buy an MOS statue. I'm a huge classic Superman fan, and that's my preferred costume. But I became aware of this thing of beauty today, and just had to preorder.

I love how he appears to be floating above the base. It has two profiles, one angry with a light-up heat vision feature.

mos_zpsrxv9yivm.jpg

redeyes_zpsijoz1z4d.jpg

The PF is enough for me, but yeah, this piece is stunning.

I have an account at Freaks but I stopped posting there because I can't stand it. lol

I agree. I've been a member for like 6 or 7 years and rarely post on there or SF. I spend most of my time on the FB groups.

I can't stand the negativity and incessant whining. I get it - Sideshow can be inconsistent and sometimes these things don't come out the way you want them to. But when a piece is a year away from release, and all anyone can do is talk about how it's going to suck, I don't get why they stay in the hobby, or at least, why they still pay any attention to Sideshow. If I had zero faith in a product, I'd just move on and not pay any attention to it.

mos_zpsrxv9yivm.jpg

Can I ask where you pre-ordered from?

mos_zpsrxv9yivm.jpg

redeyes_zpsijoz1z4d.jpg

The PF is enough for me, but yeah, this piece is stunning.

This one is pricey, but they're only making 150.

mos_zpsrxv9yivm.jpg

Can I ask where you pre-ordered from?

www.resinworx.com

They also have an awesome Batman/Catwoman statue that isn't up for preorder yet...

batcat_zps17dh2jdx.jpg

That Batman/Catwoman statue is incredible!

The Venom/Spidey is crazy too. What are the price points on those ResinWorx statues?

Yeah, when the Batman/Catwoman comes up for preorder, I'm all over it. Can't wait to see it painted.

The Supes is $895. Expensive, but to be expected when the ES is so low. The shipping will be high, as well.

I agree. I've been a member for like 6 or 7 years and rarely post on there or SF. I spend most of my time on the FB groups.

Any links to the groups or group names to search?