• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

When did MJ start packing heat (of the gun variety)?

267415_orig.jpg

I don't know, but I'm okay with that. :D

+1

@NearMint - Yeah that is rad... That floating appearance is sa-wheet! And the glowing eyes/angry face. Unreal. To be frank, he doesn't look super impressed in either, but that suits MOS supes.

Also, I have signed up again at sideshow freaks (I killed my old account a couple of years ago when I got the "purge bug" and sold my hot toys and statues) and saw you active on there. Makes me happy to see cgc boardies on other boards... like a friendly face amongst a sea of strangers.

I am back on the bandwagon.... Have ordered and have en route to me:

Welcome back. This happened to me years ago (2006-2007); sold off some early Sideshow stuff that I regret. If I ever get that urge to purge again, I'm going to just box my stuff up and put it away for a while, not sell immediately, especially the stuff that'll be hard or expensive to replace later.

So I bought my Batman PF from a comic shop near Disneyland called Corner Store Comics back in mid-October. The box was still factory sealed. Being a complete newb at the statue game, I somehow didn't notice that the right arm was completely seperated from the torso. I never held it by the arm, and the costume sorta held it in place. I was dusting it the other day, and noticed the problem. doh!

I'm posting about this, because I contacted Corner Store Comics, and even though it's been 7 weeks since I purchased it, they offered to switch it out for me. I made the switch today, and Batman is back to fighting crime with both arms. :whee:

2E46C878-8668-417F-8B34-EB4317D3CCD1_zps39bfwoao.jpg

Congrats Near Mint!! Great outcome!

Welcome back. This happened to me years ago (2006-2007); sold off some early Sideshow stuff that I regret. If I ever get that urge to purge again, I'm going to just box my stuff up and put it away for a while, not sell immediately, especially the stuff that'll be hard or expensive to replace later.

Thanks mate. I think that is a great way to roll, I'll use this as a rule for myself too.

I had a pretty productive weekend, picked up Scarecrow, Mignola 2D Bats, Harley Quinn.

44cf6c1dc3c667055deef2e564b763fa.jpg

This week I should receive:

- Lee Bermejo Joker 2nd Ed.

- Noble Collection 1:1 Dark Knight Cowl

- Noble Collection Batman Ninja Sword Letter Opener with Stand

:banana:

Congrats Near Mint!! Great outcome!

Thanks mate. I think that is a great way to roll, I'll use this as a rule for myself too.

I had a pretty productive weekend, picked up Scarecrow, Mignola 2D Bats, Harley Quinn.

44cf6c1dc3c667055deef2e564b763fa.jpg

This week I should receive:

- Lee Bermejo Joker 2nd Ed.

- Noble Collection 1:1 Dark Knight Cowl

- Noble Collection Batman Ninja Sword Letter Opener with Stand

:banana:

Excellent work sir!!!

I've only ever had 4-5 statues before, 3 of those are "Death" from Sandman (Go figure/avatar) lol. Sideshow took $$ today for the Black Cat statue due in March/April though, getting antsy for this one!! :)

Great stuff guys btw!!

They also have an awesome Batman/Catwoman statue that isn't up for preorder yet...

batcat_zps17dh2jdx.jpg

Is this based off the Arkham video game? Not much of a gamer but I love the look of bats in that.

Yes, it is.

So I finally bit the bullet today and hit the BIN on a Wonder Woman PF on eBay. Got the EX for $474 shipped...

wwpf_zpsbxdmnzuw.jpg

I also ordered a custom right-hand sword. That long spear creates a wide profile, and I wanted a narrower option. I already have the Supes and Bats PFs, so this completes the trinity. :whee:

wwsword_zpstnl3ljfk.jpg

Nice buy. WW is a great piece.

Just a head's up: the axe/shield are not magnetized, so they can be tough to put in and take out. They may seem like they don't fit at first, but they'll slide in with a bit of force.