• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

It's been so many years since I've bought a Koto Bishoujo statue. I think the Star Wars Jaina was my last one. Before that, they were all Marvel. These two I can't make heads or tails of. I think I like them..... maybe? 

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/kotobukiya-bishoujo-transformers-optimus-prime.1227746/

Got this guy but haven't been able to set him up yet since I don't have the space at the moment. Will probably wait until I can redo the room a little and put up another bookshelf or two. Also really love the custom commission stuff I'm seeing. Can anyone here recommend someone for something like that? There's one or two characters I would commission since I doubt I'd ever see them get official licensed releases, either not being that popular or licensing issues.  

20220214_150658.thumb.jpg.94d6b8b3ab8a937bd4c7b5dd8060adda.jpg

On 2/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

I recently commissioned an artist to repaint this Classic Catwoman Statue. It's from the WB Studio Store (1999) and she stands about 12" tall. I wanted it to be more Jim Balent style so I asked them to use 90's purple and also touch up the color of the face. We also decided to make "heels" as the original had her not wearing shoes. What are your thoughts?

Cat Snip.JPG

Cat face 2.JPG

Cool! I've got this one, as well as the Poison Ivy. I miss the old WB stores, this stuff was a lot of fun. The art prints, aniimation cels, etc. I used to know a guy who worked at the WB Gallery, and he'd hook me up with discounts and promo stuff. I used to have a huge Batgirl banner that had hung in the store, long since destroyed by flooding. :( They had such cool stuff, though!

On 2/13/2022 at 8:44 AM, Cushing Fan said:

Some statues from my collection that I set up on my computer desk - Grand Moff Tarkin is from Gentle Giant, Baron Frankenstein is a statue kit that a friend built and painted for me as a wedding gift 20 years ago,  busts of Baron Frankenstein and Dracula were a convention buy from 1996, Hulk was a giveaway from a NY Jets game I attended - and Dr. Loomis is a figure not a statue.

Screenshot_20220213-083934_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220213-083948_Gallery.jpg

Love it all, and love your user id. I'm a big British horror fan. Hammer/Amicus/Tigon, whatever, I'm into it, especially if Cushing and/or Lee are involved! I assume you've seen the Van Helsing and Drac premium format statues Sideshow is doing? Pricey, but they look sweet. 

On 2/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, F For Fake said:

Love it all, and love your user id. I'm a big British horror fan. Hammer/Amicus/Tigon, whatever, I'm into it, especially if Cushing and/or Lee are involved! I assume you've seen the Van Helsing and Drac premium format statues Sideshow is doing? Pricey, but they look sweet. 

Thanks! I've seen those statues and they look fantastic.  I've been a big fan of British horror since I was a kid and received Dennis Gifford's big book of horror films. Over the years I've written biographies published on Peter Cushing,  Donald Pleasence and Ralph Bates.  This year I have a magazine biography on perennial bad guy Milton Reid coming out in Midnight Marquee.  If you like  Peter Cushing, check out the Peter Cushing Association that I run on both Facebook and Instagram. 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Thanks! I've seen those statues and they look fantastic.  I've been a big fan of British horror since I was a kid and received Dennis Gifford's big book of horror films. Over the years I've written biographies published on Peter Cushing,  Donald Pleasence and Ralph Bates.  This year I have a magazine biography on perennial bad guy Milton Reid coming out in Midnight Marquee.  If you like  Peter Cushing, check out the Peter Cushing Association that I run on both Facebook and Instagram. 

Awesome, will do!

Ordered this in November 2020.  Just arrived today, but still waiting on the Gandalf the White to accompany the Witch King.  Not sure if anyone has ever ordered from Weta Workshop, but wanted to share some pictures.  Quality seems pretty good for the price of $120.  I could be wrong because I don't collect many statues, but this is pretty cool.  It has presence.  The only real bummer is that the plastic packaging near the base broke and the sharp angles put some unsightly scratches onto the base.  I'm not going to let it worry me too much, but was disappointed.  I sent Weta an email with pictures just to let them know.  

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

On 3/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, Andahaion said:

Ordered this in November 2020.  Just arrived today, but still waiting on the Gandalf the White to accompany the Witch King.  Not sure if anyone has ever ordered from Weta Workshop, but wanted to share some pictures.  Quality seems pretty good for the price of $120.  I could be wrong because I don't collect many statues, but this is pretty cool.  It has presence.  The only real bummer is that the plastic packaging near the base broke and the sharp angles put some unsightly scratches onto the base.  I'm not going to let it worry me too much, but was disappointed.  I sent Weta an email with pictures just to let them know.  

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

Very nice statue and looks great with your other collectibles and art!

I have my first two Weta items on pre-order now and it’s good to hear you are happy.

On 10/5/2013 at 8:06 PM, HarveySwick said:

Hado that Venom statue is awesome!

See, I think that's a good size. There's a Daredevil statue I really like, but it's 22" high?! That would be a huge statue, no? (shrug)

22” is average or maybe even a little small for 1/4 scale which is a very popular scale. I think most of mine are more like 24-28 so the couple 20-22s I have look kind of dinky. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, Poekaymon said:

22” is average or maybe even a little small for 1/4 scale which is a very popular scale. I think most of mine are more like 24-28 so the couple 20-22s I have look kind of dinky. 

Only a few years late on that reply :baiting:

:jokealert: