• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

The amount of work involved running from comic shop to comic shop to root through all their copies of every Image #1 or whatever title I think is going to be hot, buying as many as I can (which is often just one), grading them, listing them, selling them, paying fees, packaging and shipping them, all for a couple bucks. I'd rather just buy one and read it.

The amount of work involved running from comic shop to comic shop to root through all their copies of every Image #1 or whatever title I think is going to be hot, buying as many as I can (which is often just one), grading them, listing them, selling them, paying fees, packaging and shipping them, all for a couple bucks. I'd rather just buy one and read it.

Yes, lots of work... I hope more people realize this and stop doing it :D

hm

That's a YMMV type of proposition. The thrill of the treasure hunt has a variable value.

*shrug*

This is the CGC forum...

THAT'S what we do.

There are literally hundreds of fan forums dedicated to the pure love of the medium.

This is the only one I know of dedicated to obsessive money grubbers.

Why pee in our coffee?

I just received this artwork for the #6 variant from Andrew Pepoy. It's my first experiment assembling multiple scans to piece the full artwork together. Many of the zombie faces behind Sabrina are Archie characters. A lot of that is covered by the logo on the print issue.

ALWA-06-art-web_zpse9c5abaa.jpg

I just received this artwork for the #6 variant from Andrew Pepoy. It's my first experiment assembling multiple scans to piece the full artwork together. Many of the zombie faces behind Sabrina are Archie characters. A lot of that is covered by the logo on the print issue.

ALWA-06-art-web_zpse9c5abaa.jpg

Congrats, that's beautiful.

Thanks! I like a lot of the Archie variant covers and I've been trying to find original artwork for some of them. I've finally been able to get a few. The art for the Betty variant of ALWA #1 just sold on ebay recently. I've seen some of the Tim Seeley art posted elsewhere but I haven't seen much for sale.

I could kick myself when it comes to the Seeley art for Afterlife with Archie.

The first cover...

seeleyr5.jpg

was sold on eBay as "Bowtie "R" Tim Seeley Original Art Page" for a benefit for a comic artist before Afterlife with Archie was really a thing. Ended at $25.01.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bowtie-R-Tim-Seeley-Original-Art-Page-Sketch-Gregory-Auction-/310694074741?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4856cf5975

The other covers (including one that wasn't used)...

timseeleyarchies-e1393732287155.jpg

Tim sold those for a VERY (ridiculously!) cheap price at a convention. The buyer listed them on eBay for a huge markup. Then the auction was pulled.

Edited by Jeff Bohn

I seriously would not have guessed that would happen.

That would make 2 of us. I think this a really big deal. Archie crosses generations and who doesn't want to see a zombie ? Add the writer of the series to the mix and voila, people are going to take note.

Wow! Sounds like Archie is very serious about getting their worlds into movies and/or tv. Very cool. I'd love to see a big event Afterlife tv mini-series. And turn it into a regular series if it's successful enough, a la Battlestar Galactica 10 years ago.

The thing about this too, especially for older generations, is that everybody knows who Archie and his buddies are. It's a part of Americana. There would be lots of innate curiosity about this if it comes to the small screen or big screen. I am excited either way.

The thing about this too, especially for older generations, is that everybody knows who Archie and his buddies are. It's a part of Americana. There would be lots of innate curiosity about this if it comes to the small screen or big screen. I am excited either way.

You're right. Archie was one of this built in books we read as kids. Richie Rich was there too but I haven't seen one of those in a while.