• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

Thanks! I also got back into collecting Sports Cards and am part of a grading forum for that. I created a single thread to document me getting back into the hobby and my collection new and old. Would that be an ok thing to do on this board?

Yep, you sure can. Or you can create the journal, as suggested above. Up to you. (thumbs u

Hey all, Jason here. I thought I should do an introduction post to the Welcome to the Boards thread, even though I've been posting elsewhere. Better late than never, as they say.

I just returned to comic collecting this spring after going cold turkey in '99. I had a pretty good run from 85 to 99, but just got burnt out by to many titles, cross-overs and variants. But all the new Marvel/DC movies and the Walking Dead the last few years got me all nostalgic for comics again. I started out going digital this time around, but dropped that quickly and went back to print. Soon after, I started trolling around ebay looking for back issues and I kept seeing these CGC graded comics, and I though what the hell is this! After a little bit of Googling, I find this site, sign up, and bam here I am.

As for a little about me, I'm 41 and married to a wonderful lady. No kids, but we do have two dogs. My first comics were Transformers and GI Joe bought at a drug store. A few months later I discovered Iron Man. Within a year I had found a comic book store, which wasn't easy in Iowa in the 80s. Soon I was into Spider-Man, X-Men and Avengers. Didn't really read anything by DC at the time, other than Batman and some JLA/JLI. But that changed in the early 90s with the Death of Superman and Knightfall. I spent the rest of the 90's reading Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and the X-books.

These days I'm busy catching up on major story lines of the last 15 years in the DCU and the Nu52 and getting the current stuff. But I plan on getting more into SA/GA collecting too, I never bought much of that stuff back in the day...what a missed opportunity!

I'll be seeing you around the boards.

Edited by FutureFlash

Hey all, Jason here. I thought I should do an introduction post to the Welcome to the Boards thread, even though I've been posting elsewhere. Better late than never, as they say.

I just returned to comic collecting this spring after going cold turkey in '99. I had a pretty good run from 85 to 99, but just got burnt out by to many titles, cross-overs and variants. But all the new Marvel/DC movies and the Walking Dead the last few years got me all nostalgic for comics again. I started out going digital this time around, but dropped that quickly and went back to print. Soon after, I started trolling around ebay looking for back issues and I kept seeing these CGC graded comics, and I though what the hell is this! After a little bit of Goggling, I find this site, sign up, and bam here I am.

As for a little about me, I'm 41 and married to a wonderful lady. No kids, but we do have two dogs. My first comics were Transformers and GI Joe bought at a drug store. A few months later I discovered Iron Man. Within a year I had found a comic book store, which wasn't easy in Iowa in the 80s. Soon I was was into Spider-Man, X-Men and Avengers. Didn't really read anything by DC at the time, other than Batman and some JLA/JLI. But that changed in the early 90s with the Death of Superman and Knightfall. I spent the rest of the 90's reading Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and the X-books.

These days I'm busy catching up on major story lines of the last 15 years in the DCU and the Nu52 and getting the current stuff. But I plan on getting more into SA/GA collecting too, I never bought much of that stuff back in the day...what a missed opportunity!

I'll be seeing you around the boards.

Welcome, Jason. :hi:

Enjoy your time here and read lots! Contribute when you can.

Andy

I just realized I didn't do the intro thing here. For shame Aaron, for shame.

Anyways, hello! Vancouver, Canada resident - big fan of comics. Have collected sporadically for the last 20 or so years. and that's about it.

:)

Anyways, hello! Vancouver, Canada resident - big fan of comics. Have collected sporadically for the last 20 or so years. and that's about it.

What books are you most interested in now, Aaron_?

WTTB! :acclaim:

What books are you most interested in now, Aaron_?

WTTB! :acclaim:

Thanks! :)

Mostly Amazing Spider-man. My hyper-religious mother burned the huge Bagley run I had when I was a teenager and last fall I managed to find a lot on eBay of that exact run, so since then, I've been crazy repurchasing my collection. And selling what I collected in the mid-2000's to try and complete this collection.

I do also buy a lot of graphics to read and some of my absolute fav's are:

All the Ultimate stuff

Preacher

Sin City

Y the Last Man

Invincible

Walking Dead

Fables

House of Mystery

Sandman

Supreme Power (Vol 1 - when they took it off Max, it sucked)

Hi everyone I'm Igor. Love both DC and Marvel fan along with Image and other independent titles.

Enjoy reading up on golden age and silver age stories, no matter how cheesy they are.

I have been slowing collecting DC Archives to brush up on my golden and silver age knowledge.

I also both collect and sell on ebay and would like to do both buy and sell here on the boards as well. I am honest with my grades and will always try and find solution to make buyers happy.

I use paypal for both selling and buying.

Hi everyone.

I was referred to by an ebay buyer to this site. I have been collecting comic books for awhile and have a decent small collection. Mostly I have been collecting when I was younger and I do prospecting with moderns once in a while. I have reviewed this site and I am amazed by some of the people are selling on here.

It is like a comic paradise!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi