• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,874 posts in this topic

I am trying to register a CPV in the registry but it will not allow me to do so in the appropriate title...Is there another 'place' to register CPV's other than the actual series listed?

Hope this made sense...

Just an error with the registry, just read there were a bunch...

Anyway, I came across this...I now have a full bankers box full of DC CPV's and half a bankers box of Marvel CPV's and counting...Here is one I just found.

msh1_zps9f532b7a.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I just recently acquired a 9.6 cgc asm 252 with a .75 cent price but it doesn't say canadian version on the label. It was slabbed in 2010, were they not denoting this at that time?

The highest graded Archie's Pals 'N' Gals #3 CGC 7.5 and #6 CGC 9.0 seen on the CGC census today are both (35 cent Canadian price variants) with no mention of Canadian edition seen on the labels and I have seen both books.

Still researching DC & Marvel Comics $1.00 or higher. DC Comics are hard to find & Marvel Comics are extremely hard to find.

Regular books, or the specials, double sized, and annuals?

(Keeping in mind that Marvel stopped printing Canadian price only books with their Sept. 86 books.)

Still researching DC & Marvel Comics $1.00 or higher. DC Comics are hard to find & Marvel Comics are extremely hard to find.

(Keeping in mind that Marvel stopped printing Canadian price only books with their Sept. 86 books.)

All the above. Still researching but it looks like my statement above is off as DC seems to a lot easier to find.

Annuals (Easy to find) 1980-1988

Specials (Hard to find) 1984 - 1988

Double sized (?)

Regular books (Easy to find) 1986-1988

Working on Marvel now.

Both are easy to find IMHO, but in high grade it is a bit tougher. I am putting together a stack from the last collection I purchased for a FS thread. It is mostly Marvel and it looks like there will be a long box or two of them.

Edited by kimik

I just recently acquired a 9.6 cgc asm 252 with a .75 cent price but it doesn't say canadian version on the label. It was slabbed in 2010, were they not denoting this at that time?

The highest graded Archie's Pals 'N' Gals #3 CGC 7.5 and #6 CGC 9.0 seen on the CGC census today are both (35 cent Canadian price variants) with no mention of Canadian edition seen on the labels and I have seen both books.

This is an important point. Everyone should know that the CGC census is an imperfect source of imformation, but for Canadian Newsstands it's even worse. There are way too many slabbed CNs with no notation on the label/in the system.

This is an important point. Everyone should know that the CGC census is an imperfect source of imformation, but for Canadian Newsstands it's even worse. There are way too many slabbed CNs with no notation on the label/in the system.

Dont reference CGC for any Canadian or other countries...

They dont know the difference of Mexico and Spain or Finland...

they graded a Green Lantern 76 from Spain and it is notated as "Mexican"

All the above. Still researching but it looks like my statement above is off as DC seems to a lot easier to find.

Annuals (Easy to find) 1980-1988

Specials (Hard to find) 1984 - 1988

Double sized (?)

Regular books (Easy to find) 1986-1988

Working on Marvel now.

The single hardest Marvel is Thor 370. I've only ever seen two. I may have to take a trip to the Great White North next summer. See some chicks soccer and hit some comic stores. Giggedy!

Thor #370 is not too tough to find even in high grade. I have bought and sold a number of HG copies over the years along with the rest of Thor runs in...........dollar boxes. doh!