• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,931 posts in this topic

One of the best LB Coles and one of the best pre-code horror covers. Fantastic!!! :applause:

This one FINALLY completes my run on the title. I'd been waiting for a copy that I liked for a while and scored this on x-mas night!

$_57.JPG

So Santa was good to me, but didn't get me the scanner I wanted. :( I'll have to start shopping for that now...

This one FINALLY completes my run on the title. I'd been waiting for a copy that I liked for a while and scored this on x-mas night!

$_57.JPG

So Santa was good to me, but didn't get me the scanner I wanted. :( I'll have to start shopping for that now...

Congrats Jamie! It is always a great feeling to complete a run. A great looking book with nice colors. :applause:

That 105 is amazing best i have is a 6.5 but happy just to find one that 115 is a killer also some awesome eye candy Satre.

You're right, that 6.5 #105 is no good, you should sell it to me. ;)

Killer books satre!!! Those are some quality comics!

You just reminded me, my BB#115 was a fav purchase of 2013 that I neglected. It's not as sweet as yours, but does have good eye appeal.

FINALLY! I must have started this run 8+ years ago. I bet one of my 1st Cole covers was the later part of this run. Well, it's finally over! I have 2 #51's, 1 is in much better shape than the other but I'm happy to just have a copy. The #52 and #53 are very tough in decent grade too. Here they are...

SHOCKING MYSTERY CASES 50-60

:headbang:

20131230_141937.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

FINALLY! I must have started this run 8+ years ago. I bet one of my 1st Cole covers was the later part of this run. Well, it's finally over! I have 2 #51's, 1 is in much better shape than the other but I'm happy to just have a copy. The #52 and #53 are very tough in decent grade too. Here they are...

SHOCKING MYSTERY CASES 50-60

:headbang:

20131230_141937.jpg

well done! :applause:

Thanks! For those of you who don't pay close attention to my sig line, I've been abel to cross off a few books lately. This Captain Flight #9 was one of them, so now I've got another group shot:

All 5 LB Cole covers of Captain Flight (7-1 thru 11)!!!

20140104_154909.jpg

Another one I crossed off my list - thanks Dr. Love! :cloud9:

TopLoveStories19fc100_zps87ad98b6.jpg

Now I only need a #7, and I actually have the cover proof for that one. Maybe there's a group shot in my future..... I'll be scanning as many of my books as I can soon. In the meantime, here's the stock image of the Tp Love #7 proof:

top15.23a.jpg

Edited by pmpknface

Now I only need a #7, and I actually have the cover proof for that one. Maybe there's a group shot in my future..... I'll be scanning as many of my books as I can soon. In the meantime, here's the stock image of the Tp Love #7 proof:

top15.23a.jpg

Great stuff! :applause:

top15.23a.jpg

Great dialogue on that cover.

Beautiful!!! :applause:

Thanks! For those of you who don't pay close attention to my sig line, I've been abel to cross off a few books lately. This Captain Flight #9 was one of them, so now I've got another group shot:

20140104_154909.jpg

20140104_154909.jpg

Nice group shot. Congrats. :applause:

Thanks a lot guys! Yeah, I wish the #10 didn't have the sub crease, but it's not color-breaking. And the #8 is a tad rough, but at least I've got the run!

In 2014 I hope to complete a few more of these runs. Maybe even snag a few more of the paperback covers cole did. Then I'll worry about upgrading here and there.