• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

Agreed. I love the way they broke out the "Mr Mystery" font for "revenge".

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I get you on the font, but what's the story on the "revenge"? confused-smiley-013.gif

I mean it's the only word on the page with that font. I think it's the only word that isn't hand lettered. Doesn't it seem strange? It's like it was an homage or something.

So I get this in today and right away I am pisssed off because the colors looked a LOT brighter in the scan from jscomics, and I know damn well they did it on purpose. But I figure the book is nice structurally, so I will keep it. I pop the slab and open the book. What do I find? A quarter sized water stain on the inside front cover. Not sure if CGC missed it (the book got an 8.0), or how it got there, but I am NOT happy. 893censored-thumb.gif

greatcomics1.jpg

So I get this in today and right away I am pisssed off because the colors looked a LOT brighter in the scan from jscomics, and I know damn well they did it on purpose. But I figure the book is nice structurally, so I will keep it. I pop the slab and open the book. What do I find? A quarter sized water stain on the inside front cover. Not sure if CGC missed it (the book got an 8.0), or how it got there, but I am NOT happy. 893censored-thumb.gif

greatcomics1.jpg

Call for the notes.

Bummer. I had a copy of that book years ago, but for some reason didn't like it too much. Sold it.....

So I get this in today and right away I am pisssed off because the colors looked a LOT brighter in the scan..........and I know damn well they did it on purpose.

greatcomics1.jpg

Man, I hate that.

You know, I've recently read a thread on this board tellin so-n-so to jack up the contrast when scanning, it'll bring out the colors. Makes me wonder what some of these books really look like..??

All said; it's a nice book.....I'd like to own it.

BTW....I clocked this one last week.

o12x4oz.jpg

Sorry to hear that comicdey. But yeah, get the notes from CGC. And if you decide you don't want it, drop me an e! wink.gif

It's October's book gossip.gif I sold mine

Sorry to hear that comicdey. But yeah, get the notes from CGC. And if you decide you don't want it, drop me an e! wink.gif

Yeah, that one is mine. I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell it....and that's a very real possibility. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif