• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
39 39

5,910 posts in this topic

I think that cover is a must have.

I just realized that I am really drawn to covers with falling snow. It came to me as I posted a Nightmare mag with that effect in comics general.

Does anyone know of other Cole covers with falling snow?

You should move to Alaska and just read your comics outside.

I get more than enough craapy winter weather in Chicago. I don't know how people up north stand it.

This one is a recent purchase.. WODCW-tc47.jpg

Interesting Schomburgesque layout to that cover art. Replace the cops with costumed heroes, and make the counterfeiters Japanese, and I'm sure there is a Schomburg war cover like that somewhere.

I will have a contribution to this thread in a couple days. yay.gif

Ah the suspense! popcorn.gif

Not sure why I am looking forward to your post, it will just make me jealous. 27_laughing.gif

The book has been posted in this thread(early on), but this one will be mine. Hopefully the grading is accurate...in any case until next week...

Man you've really lost it, haven't you?

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

frown.gif

Nothing against funny animal books, but I never thought I'd see the day that you were a proud owner of one. Amazing how people's interests change.

Nothing against funny animal books, but I never thought I'd see the day that you were a proud owner of one. Amazing how people's interests change.

I own a bunch actually, as I am a huge Carl Barks fan. They are just reprints for now, but I plan on buying some originals down the road.