• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,910 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, pmpknface said:

Ok, this one is new to me.  I knew there were 2 versions with the title differences, but is there really a difference between reds?  Can't one just be glossy and one just not have a gloss to it?  Is there a difference in the paper itself?  I haven't bought an Overstreet in years but the last I checked it only listed 2 versions.  Do we have any examples of a red vs. red?  

I have seen multiple copies of each variation in person and have seen various pedigrees.

Variants 1 & 2 have a rose coral background on slightly glossed paper stock.  The rose coral is a delicate color that is very affected by the yellowing of paper as it ages.

Variant 3 is has a tomato red background on glossy stock.  It is impossible to confuse with the first two variations.

I've put scans of the different variants below that I scraped off the interwebs.

STT11black.jpg

STT11blueflat.jpg

STT11blueglossy.jpg

On 7/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, adamstrange said:

I have seen multiple copies of each variation in person and have seen various pedigrees.

Variants 1 & 2 have a rose coral background on slightly glossed paper stock.  The rose coral is a delicate color that is very affected by the yellowing of paper as it ages.

Variant 3 is has a tomato red background on glossy stock.  It is impossible to confuse with the first two variations.

I've put scans of the different variants below that I scraped off the interwebs.

STT11black.jpg

STT11blueflat.jpg

STT11blueglossy.jpg

startlingterror11-4.5.jpg.4a0b2e1fc4138f0b4bfab486ae08e1d0.jpg

On 7/17/2023 at 7:33 PM, Jayman said:

Tomato or rose coral for my copy? (shrug)

Rose coral

Tomato has more red:

Tomato PNG Images Transparent Free Download | PNGMart

On 7/17/2023 at 9:52 PM, Professor K said:

Oh! I'm a little surprised considered the killer stuff you've showed the gang here. Thanks I will enjoy. I'm actually enjoying it at this very moment. 

20230717_214926.jpg

Thanks.  Here is my "high" grade copy. It's graded now, a 2.0 I think...

20221106_181234.jpg