• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Deknight was from Buffy too.. and these guys were part of the show already.. there is no reason to believe that the show wouldnt be a continuation of the same style and heart of this show.

They don't use the logo in the show either. Should they cut that out? :baiting::D

No but I think he should at least have a Sunday suit that pays homage to the comic book version. :devil:

Evedence: Douglas "Doug" Petrie is an American screenwriter, director, and producer. Best known as a writer, director, and co-executive producer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He co-wrote the screenplays for the Fantastic Four film and Harriet the Spy. He has also written for the television shows Angel.

Deknight was from Buffy too.. and these guys were part of the show already.. there is no reason to believe that the show wouldnt be a continuation of the same style and heart of this show.

Does Feige have his hand in this stuff too or is this a different department?

I do have to agree, the show has been killer so far. As so many others have stated, they nailed the feel that DD needs.

I hope the streak continues.

Evedence: Douglas "Doug" Petrie is an American screenwriter, director, and producer. Best known as a writer, director, and co-executive producer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He co-wrote the screenplays for the Fantastic Four film and Harriet the Spy. He has also written for the television shows Angel.

Further to my point

Petrie

11606.jpg

DeKnight

DeKnight_Inked.png

I watched all episodes this week. I enjoyed it, seeing DD brought to life so well. But, it was soooo talky!! So much dialoguing. On and on, scene after scene. I watched it late at night lying down with iPad and headphones and I kept closing my eyes and dozing off. Anyone else have trouble staying awake?

This never happens with Bad, Thrones, or even Mad Men. Or arrow, Gotham or Flash.

I agree - a little too much verbage (and overacting :D ).

Yes. They had 13 hours to work with, and we got a 13 hour origin plus one major villain arc. I think even they must realize that was way more time than they needed to tell the Kingpin story. maybe the movies are too fast paced, cramming too much into two hours. But this was too far in the other direction.

The pace didn't kill it for me, it was very well done. Just keep it moving next time!

Further to my point

Petrie

11606.jpg

DeKnight

DeKnight_Inked.png

I'm sure it will be fine...

:sorry:

Further to my point

Petrie

11606.jpg

DeKnight

DeKnight_Inked.png

You may very well be right... but lets not just forget he was also a producer on this show as well.. Lets not jump there till we actually see it. All we know right now is there will be a season 2 of DD with almost all of the same people involved. They are not bringing in someone new to the fold that didnt work on season 1

Further to my point

Petrie

11606.jpg

DeKnight

DeKnight_Inked.png

You may very well be right... but lets not just forget he was also a producer on this show as well.. Lets not jump there till we actually see it. All we know right now is there will be a season 2 of DD with almost all of the same people involved. They are not bringing in someone new to the fold that didnt work on season 1

:wishluck:

Roy, when your basket is full of nits I'll give you an empty one so you can pick more. ;)

:baiting:

Daredevil's costume design is serious business. :sumo:

And I mean that literally. :angel:

Does Feige have his hand in this stuff too or is this a different department?

I do have to agree, the show has been killer so far. As so many others have stated, they nailed the feel that DD needs.

I hope the streak continues.

Jeph Loeb is in charge of Marvel Television, but he & Feige work to keep the Marvel Studios & Marvel Television shared-universe moving together in virtually lock-step. Technically, Feige is slightly higher on the Marvel Totem Pole, but not by much. Essentially, they just work as a team with Jeph being far far far more hands-on.

Further to my point

Petrie

11606.jpg

DeKnight

DeKnight_Inked.png

Yes, but here's a picture of him wearing a leather jacket with his arm around a beautiful woman. Hopefully that gives him all the street cred you're implying he needs. hm

2099730308_11b860e178.jpg

no one on a successful show, is going to go and change the style or tone for the second season. There are many many talented people working on this show, and it will be more of exactly the same....