• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I have three copies of it. :roflmao:

The radar sense special effects were pretty cool. (shrug)

I like the Affleck movie.

That's only because it had a soundtrack by Creed.

It's not THAT bad. :taptaptap:

11hz1hg.jpg

He has no muscle mass at all...looks like a poorly fitted suit

Well as far as muscle mass goes, the kind of fighting he does isn't in the muscle mass arena (arena...get it? :blush:)

I like the suit because it doesn't look all 4-color glossy. It looks like a suitable suit for the rawness of Hell's Kitchen.

hk_zpssufkoukw.jpg

11hz1hg.jpg

Daredevil in the comics isn't exactly WWE size in mass

Great tv show and people can't help but pick it to pieces.

Edited by krighton

I don't know why I always feel the need to say so when this topic inevitably comes up but me too. It's still my favourite super hero movie of all time, and I cannot honestly see why people hate it. But I'm not stupid, and because everybody in the world hates it I know it must be me who is wrong. My favourite cast, the best soundtrack, and the darkest, grittiest of all superhero movies I have seen.

Jim

11hz1hg.jpg

I challenge anyone here to fill this suit better than Affleck is. It'd cost thousands in custom tailoring. I always wanted that suit for Halloween and am about Affleck's size and build, but man, finding something that well-fitted is tough.

14465_4.jpg

I don't know why I always feel the need to say so when this topic inevitably comes up but me too. It's still my favourite super hero movie of all time, and I cannot honestly see why people hate it. But I'm not stupid, and because everybody in the world hates it I know it must be me who is wrong. My favourite cast, the best soundtrack, and the darkest, grittiest of all superhero movies I have seen.

Jim

Not our favorite but my husband and I both liked it, even watched it twice.

That's only because it had a soundtrack by Creed.

lol

Actually, it was the Evanescence that blew me away.

This film is nearly 13 years old now. For a 2003 movie it wasn't half bad (I watched it several times too).

And I still think that Daredevil's costume in the Netflix series should resemble that of the opening sequence.

And I still think that Daredevil's costume in the Netflix series should resemble that of the opening sequence.

Which is like the classic comic costume. And has no padding. The padding is more realistic and in line with the frequent injuries they show him sustaining in the television series.

11hz1hg.jpg

Daredevil in the comics isn't exactly WWE size in mass

Great tv show and people can't help but pick it to pieces.

I'm picking the DD movie to pieces. That's a picture of Devilfleck

The TV show is awesome.

I was no great fan of the Affleck DD, but I loved the Kingpin casting of Michael Clarke Duncan. No other known actor at the time could have filled the role of what was supposed to be such a massive and powerful, bulky figure. I totally would buy that Kingpin throwing a punch, missing DD, and cracking the brick wall he hit. Just a giant of a man that committed to the role.

Netflix DD way better material all around, the show is seriously best quality superhero run I could hope for. But the physical factor of an overwhelming bull of a man is not there in Kingpin, though the guys acting makes up for it, imo.

I watched all episodes this week. I enjoyed it, seeing DD brought to life so well. But, it was soooo talky!! So much dialoguing. On and on, scene after scene. I watched it late at night lying down with iPad and headphones and I kept closing my eyes and dozing off. Anyone else have trouble staying awake?

This never happens with Bad, Thrones, or even Mad Men. Or arrow, Gotham or Flash.

I loved the fact that Spidey was humbled by a non-powered villain. (shrug)

It's just not possible, though. He trounced the X-Men by himself, and some big guy with a karate chop is going to take him out? Total BS.

His impossible size--he'd make any NFL lineman look small the way they draw him--coupled with the idea that he's supposed to be solid muscle and not fat suggests he's likely to be something like 5 times stronger than the average person, possibly more. Yea, Spidey is supposed to be something like 10 times stronger, but if Kingpin hits him, it should still hurt. None of which is all that believable though. I suppose within the context of comics making guys exaggeratedly huge like they do with Juggernaut or Kingpin is kind of fun, but it's ludicrous when put into live action.

Marvel's online stats put Kingpin at 6' 7" and 450 pounds, and they gauge his strength at 3/10. They gauge Spidey at 4/10.

http://marvel.com/universe/Kingpin

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-man

In their first meeting, the Kingpin used gas hidden in his tiepin to knock Spidey out.

It was trickery.

Reading the stories helps to make sense of things like this. ;)