• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Hopefully, Marvel uses this Daredevil as a production model to rinse and repeat for all the other Netflix series.

Marvel did MAKE this, so they dont need to learn from themselves, its so good BECAUSE they know exactly what they are doing, not by some fluke or accident. All of the Netflix shows will be different, but have the same grounded, adult style, that daredevil has, that is the world they have chosen to create for this endeavor, and because Netflix is the best vehicle to deliver it.

I KNOW Marvel made this. Just hoping Marvel uses same template for the rest. Daredevil is a home run. Hopefully, so will the other Netflix shows. Marvel also made Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 3. Although 3 made a boatload of money I don't think it came close to 1 in quality. That was all I was trying to convey.

I think the bigger the Iron Man machine got at Marvel...the more the Disney execs got involved and made changes, etc and made Favreu make a movie he didn't want to make with Iron Man 2 and the worst being 3.

Knowing the Netflix model allows for a gritty rated R Marvel superhero and the success it's had so far with Daredevil....I just see them upping the quality and producing equally compelling work.

Big movie studio execs hopefully won't get their noses in the Netflix work...

I think the bigger the Iron Man machine got at Marvel...the more the Disney execs got involved and made changes, etc and made Favreu make a movie he didn't want to make with Iron Man 2 and the worst being 3.

Knowing the Netflix model allows for a gritty rated R Marvel superhero and the success it's had so far with Daredevil....I just see them upping the quality and producing equally compelling work.

Big movie studio execs hopefully won't get their noses in the Netflix work...

:wishluck:

IM3 was just awful.

Back to DD, I have know friends wives who are now addicted to this show. They've never read a comic, and have barely seen any of the Marvel movies.

Pretty cool how this show is reaching all types of demographics.

Again, I loved this show. I also liked the Affleck Daredevil movie.....it wasn't horrible!

As for Iron man 2 and 3, I liked both of them too! I think they are all good fun movies. I recently re-watched all 3 Iron Man movies again with my son and I think 2 is my favorite. I like to hate Justin Hammer and loved Iron Man and War Machine fighting all those drones. Plus, Whiplash's debut at the race track was a great scene. Stane in Iron Man 1 bothered me for some reason, in 3 I thought all the Iron Man suits were too much. It was cool looking visualy but it just rubbed me wrong for some reason....??

I can't wait for season 2 of Daredevil as well as the rest of these Netflix shows!

I'd like the Affleck Daredevil movie reels to be buried forever never to be spoken of again.

:)

They tried that with ET on Atari, but it eventually got dug up.

elektra and daredevil movies were decent, not great, its just a dated style. Green Lantern is my vote for the worst comic book movie ever, Catwoman is there too, but didnt have the same budget, or attempt at being "serious"

elektra and daredevil movies were decent, not great, its just a dated style. Green Lantern is my vote for the worst comic book movie ever, Catwoman is there too, but didnt have the same budget, or attempt at being "serious"

You lost with elektra being "decent", I can accept DD being "decent" but not Elektra, god that movie suuuuuccccked. GL was bad, but not nearly as terrible as Elektra.

You lost with elektra being "decent", I can accept DD being "decent" but not Elektra, god that movie suuuuuccccked. GL was bad, but not nearly as terrible as Elektra.

Elektra was no good.

I can't re-watch it, but I didn't mind Green Lantern the first time. I like Mark Strong, so I generally enjoy watching his Sinestro scenes. Most everything else is tedious.

I'd like the Affleck Daredevil movie reels to be buried forever never to be spoken of again.

:)

This.

Time has only galvanized the initial impression that it was terrible.

Oh, except for all the people who liked it.

And there are actually a lot of them.

Yeah, GL was so bad too... ugh

If I was a GL fan, I would have been devastated.

I liked the movie very much.

And as a GL fan, I was anything but devastated - the opposite of it, actually.

Well, that's good then.

Personally, I hated it.

I don't really know much about the Green Lantern books aside from watching Green Lantern on the Super Powers cartoon as a kid. But I saw the movie in the theater and enjoyed it. I know everyone hates it and I never understood why. I found it entertaining. (shrug)

+1, I was disappointed by Catwoman but the GL movie was fine. I've liked some movies better, but I didn't hate it, I even watched it again.

I've been a GL fan since I was a kid and Hal Jordan was my first love.