• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Finished over the weekend.

Kingpin voice/acting felt a little forced at times but overall I would give it an A-.

Very good, brutal series. (thumbs u

I finished as well. And also thought D'Onofrio's voice sounded too forced. Overall a good job by him though.

I generally liked the new costume, but the mask looks strange. This suit seems far more functional than most others, but the visual design of the mask needs some work.

I finished it too, and haha I agree. It reminded me of Christian Bale's Batman voice.

Kingpin voice/acting felt a little forced at times but overall I would give it an A-.

I finished as well. And also thought D'Onofrio's voice sounded too forced. Overall a good job by him though.

I generally liked the new costume, but the mask looks strange. This suit seems far more functional than most others, but the visual design of the mask needs some work.

I finished it too, and haha I agree. It reminded me of Christian Bale's Batman voice.

Honestly, I think the Kingpin casting is the worst in the series. His voice is odd at times and at others he looks like a scared, confused little kid. It just isn't how I picture him.

He's still pretty good, but he should be better, IMO.

Surprisingly, Wesley might have been my favorite character in the series. Really well done character. Has he ever been part of the comic?

Oh yes. Exactly how the show portrayed him. The right-hand reliable...always hanging back after everyone else has left for special instructions.

All the characters were spot-on perfect, IMHO. I loved the final confrontation in the last episode as well.

Wasn't he called "The Arranger" though?

arranger_01.jpg

Honestly, I think the Kingpin casting is the worst in the series. His voice is odd at times and at others he looks like a scared, confused little kid. It just isn't how I picture him.

The last episode is when he turns into the Kingpin...

The whole series is really the origin of the Kingpin. All of his insecurities and social issues are there to show what he was...

he will come out of prison the Kingpin...

Edited by Mark 1

While I didn't like his voice, everything you're saying you didn't like I absolutely loved. It humanized him in a way you never really see with the comic Wilson Fisk. You do see the comic Fisk display the same lack of temper, the same occasional childish fits of temper, and there is back story in the comic showing how he became that way as a tormented fat kid, but D'Onofrio's portrayal and the writing on the character makes him believably tormented. Loved it. :applause: He also was a ringer for the character from the neck up. Obviously he doesn't match Fisk's sheer size from the comic, but he's realistically as close as you can hope for since no human being can match the way he was frequently drawn in the comic.

I'm listening to the latest Kevin Smith "Fatman on Batman" as I write this where they spend the whole podcast talking about Daredevil, and he's similarly lauding the D'Onofrio portrayal. Apparently Smith watched all thirteen episodes in one binge, and he's in love with it. Which says a lot since his work on Marvel Knights followed by Mack and then Bendis started the best non-Miller run ever done on Daredevil. Here's a link to his podcast focusing on the Daredevil series:

http://smodcast.com/episodes/digging-daredevil/

I think we are on the same page. Something about the mask looks a little odd, needs a little tweak with the eyes and face maybe.

But the Fisk episode with his dad were great. Harsh stuff :o

Big kudos, nothing like Marvel has done previously has been this brutal.

Edited by Rip

Binge watched this over 3 days. Just beyond impressed, the fight scenes, the character development and casting, really impressive. I have a bit of anxiety having finished it and not having new material to watch tomorrow of this world.

The Kingpin quirks with speech, and outbursts and layers of various issues from his childhood foundation all make sense. The Daredevil outfit feels more like a piece of true combat real world gear than form fitting look at me spandex that provides zero protection. Man, I love this series.

Wow 7.5/10??? What would you give The Flash, a 4/10?

I watched 1 episode of the Flash. Ugh. I thought it was really bad. Maybe 3/10 bad.

MAOS is starting to slip too. I was liking it, but it just isn't keeping my interest anymore.

I've never watched Arrow so I can't comment on that one, but I suspect it might be like the Flash.

Edited by gadzukes

Since we're viewing this as daredevil year one it's ok to view this as kingpin year one.

In that context it works. They characters are finding their way and evolving into what we will eventually recognize as the characters we know and love.

Just a big thumbs up from me.

As a previous poster stated, the last 2 felt a tiny bit under the standard of the first 11, but if the other 3 shows are 75% as good as this one, then I can't wait.

Some really memorable scenes. 9/10

Surprisingly, Wesley might have been my favorite character in the series. Really well done character. Has he ever been part of the comic?

Oh yes. Exactly how the show portrayed him. The right-hand reliable...always hanging back after everyone else has left for special instructions.

All the characters were spot-on perfect, IMHO. I loved the final confrontation in the last episode as well.

Wasn't he called "The Arranger" though?

arranger_01.jpg

Wesley and the Arranger are 2 different people. Wesley was introduced by Miller in the Born Again arc.

Again, loved this show. It rocks!

Finished series last night. Enjoyed it. Yes, big shocker, I did have some issues with it. Was not expecting the ending of episode 12. Waited for Karen to wake up. Very stoked about the Easter Eggs at Potter's place!

STILTMAN LEGS!

Suit is acceptable. Guess I've got to let my heroes/villains from the past and embrace the brave new world. Has anyone mentioned the opening credits? I really like chocolate waterfall effect. :D

Closeup of the mask. Love the ear slits, hate almost everything else. The mask in the opening credits is better than the one they actually used.

Why not just color the whole suit red? Easy to mistake him for Batman if you make it black. (tsk)

DaredevilMask.jpg