• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed yet that Matt Murdock is a dead ringer for Jimmy Linguini?

lol .... I suppose there is a mild face type and hair similarity, but Jimmy is missing several inches and about 30-40 pounds.

Anyone noticed yet that Jimmy Linguini is a dead ringer for my big fat rear?

:)

Please tell me that if I go into the "share a picture of yourself thread" again for the first time in a while, a picture of your big fat rear isn't in there waiting for me. :sick:

Please tell me that if I go into the "share a picture of yourself thread" again for the first time in a while, a picture of your big fat rear isn't in there waiting for me. :sick:

That's the new sub category. "Share a picture of your big fat rear" it was getting too popular on its own.

Just finished the 13th ep and am totally bummed it is over. One of the best superhero things I've seen. Just the right balance of action, character development and plot. I honestly can't find anything but good to say of it. :devil:

I would completely agree...

Hope they decide to do another season!

Just finished the 13th ep and am totally bummed it is over. One of the best superhero things I've seen. Just the right balance of action, character development and plot. I honestly can't find anything but good to say of it. :devil:

season 2 already announced as greenlit

I don't know why I always feel the need to say so when this topic inevitably comes up but me too. It's still my favourite super hero movie of all time, and I cannot honestly see why people hate it. But I'm not stupid, and because everybody in the world hates it I know it must be me who is wrong. My favourite cast, the best soundtrack, and the darkest, grittiest of all superhero movies I have seen.

I liked the Affleck movie exception being that stupid scene on the playground with Jennifer Garner.

I hate DD's Zoro costume, it really distracts me. Daredevil should have some resemblance to the comics.

I don't know why I always feel the need to say so when this topic inevitably comes up but me too. It's still my favourite super hero movie of all time, and I cannot honestly see why people hate it. But I'm not stupid, and because everybody in the world hates it I know it must be me who is wrong. My favourite cast, the best soundtrack, and the darkest, grittiest of all superhero movies I have seen.

I liked the Affleck movie exception being that stupid scene on the playground with Jennifer Garner.

I hate DD's Zoro costume, it really distracts me. Daredevil should have some resemblance to the comics.

The costume is from Miller/JRJR's "The Man Without Fear" miniseries.

Not enough bandwidth on CGC's server for that, sorry.

Was old man Owsley supposed to fly?

his son he mentions multiple times is the owl, i'm sure he'll be seeking revenge in season 2

Edited by CBT

Was old man Owsley supposed to fly?

his son he mentions multiple times is the owl, i'm sure he'll be seeking revenge in season 2

That makes perfect sense...

I was thinking they would find a way to bring him back, as his death wasn't confirmed. I couldn't stand his character though.

Edited by vikingreed

Why not?

It's paying homage to the original costume without having to actually use it in the show. I liked it. (shrug)

I don't.

Again, I understand the purpose of why they would give him some body armor in his costume. You guys are making it sound like it's lost on me. It isn't. I was one of the 1st guys that argued on here years ago that changes of costume were OK for the movies because comic strip costumes weren't practical. :makepoint:

I just find it contradictory to use one costume in the starting credits and another in the show.

To me that's no different than a comic cover with a scene that never happens in the story. I've always hated that sort of thing because it's misleading and not authentic.

I think they could have done something with compression fabrics like Under Armour that would have given the correct look. But you need someone with insane definition. Look at Ray Lewis or other foot ball players wearing under-armor and you would get what I mean. The silhouette is fully "Super hero"

Superheroes don't need to wear unitards or onesies. I think Daredevil would look fine if he had a 2 piece outfit with gloves and boots.

IF they wanted to introduce "Tech" into Daredevil's costume, they could have implied that the new fabric incorporates Zoom Bang polymer technology (which uses "shear thickening") into the weave of a fabric and also resists cutting like Kevlar presuming that such a material been developed (they may actually develop that in the future if the US military hasn't already.)

We use Zoom Bang garments in SCA (society of creative anachronism) fights. Strikes with rattan that would otherwise break bone The polymer reacts to g-force/impact/stress by Shear thickening, which means it's soft until you strike it or force applied. Then it becomes rigid spreading the force of the impact over a greater surface area preventing breaks and reducing bruising.

Actual viscoelastic polymers are contained in thick pads that contain the fluid, and would look even bulkier than the body armor. But presuming future technology by utilizing basis of fact (viscoelastic polymers exist and we use them in sports padding) and a judicious amount of suspension of disbelief, you could use it as deus ex mechina.

At least, that's how I'd envision the costume working.

-Terry

Wow! this is some of the best TV EVER!!!!

I am only on episode 4 and I'm glad I am taking my time.

It just gets better and better!

What a great translation of the Miller version of the Comic!

Man I wish they made movies like this...

:headbang:

DD officially picked up for 2nd season :applause:

DD Picked up for season 2!