• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I loved the fact that Spidey was humbled by a non-powered villain. (shrug)

It's just not possible, though. He trounced the X-Men by himself, and some big guy with a karate chop is going to take him out? Total BS.

His impossible size--he'd make any NFL lineman look small the way they draw him--coupled with the idea that he's supposed to be solid muscle and not fat suggests he's likely to be something like 5 times stronger than the average person, possibly more. Yea, Spidey is supposed to be something like 10 times stronger, but if Kingpin hits him, it should still hurt. None of which is all that believable though. I suppose within the context of comics making guys exaggeratedly huge like they do with Juggernaut or Kingpin is kind of fun, but it's ludicrous when put into live action.

Marvel's online stats put Kingpin at 6' 7" and 450 pounds, and they gauge his strength at 3/10. They gauge Spidey at 4/10.

http://marvel.com/universe/Kingpin

http://marvel.com/universe/Spider-man

I loved the fact that Spidey was humbled by a non-powered villain. (shrug)

It's just not possible, though. He trounced the X-Men by himself, and some big guy with a karate chop is going to take him out? Total BS.

The thing you're forgetting though is training.

Spider-Man has great reflexes and strength, but zero training on what to do with it.

Kingpin is solid muscle and has extensive martial arts training and speed. With the martial arts training, speed and strength you'd imagine his reflexes would also be increased.

So:

Spider-Man - super strength, speed, reflexes

Kingpin - super strength, speed, reflexes and martial arts training (he's spars with ninjaS! :D )

We are such nerds. :facepalm:

Marvel's online stats put Kingpin at 6' 7" and 450 pounds, and they gauge his strength at 3/10. They gauge Spidey at 4/10.

Okay, then I'm basing things off of old info that Marvel has changed.

In the OHOTMU they've got Spidey at lifting 15 tons. Even if Kingpin is 5x stronger than a normal man, that's what...one ton?

Spidey has no training and that's Kingpin's advantage? Superhuman abilities and instincts should automatically trump any training.

Spidey beat the utter crapp out of Wolverine and Wolverine has had far more training and experience than Kingpin.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Okay, then I'm basing things off of old info that Marvel has changed.

In the OHOTMU they've got Spidey at lifting 15 tons. Even if Kingpin is 5x stronger than a normal man, that's what...one ton?

Spidey has no training and that's Kingpin's advantage? Superhuman abilities and instincts should automatically trump any training.

Spidey beat the utter crapp out of Wolverine and Wolverine has had far more training and experience than Kingpin.

When did Spidey beat the out of Wolverine?

Doug Petrie ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "American Horror Story") and Marco Ramirez ("Sons of Anarchy"), who worked closely with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season, will serve as showrunners for Season 2. Petrie, Ramirez, Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") will serve as Executive Producers of Season 2.

Ugh, Deknight is gone, hope Loeb doesn't screw it up

Edited by krighton

Yeah, at this point I prefer the way Affleck's DD costume looked to this one.

I hope they fix that, otherwise the mask they show in the intro is meaningless.

I agree with this.

Also, I think they should have reversed the colors of the costume.

If they keep going based on what Melvin says, the suit would end up all black instead of red. Which makes no sense.

I am so psyched it is going to have a Season 2. Amazing!!!!

And, Afleck's costume was horrible. Everything about that movie was horrible. Let's please remove it from our brains forever. :(