• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

nice, and its timing is right when I predicted it would be. Like the director said, because the other shows hadnt been cast yet, it didnt have the opportunity to cross over as much as they wanted. It makes too much sense to have another season before defenders to let him integrate with the group more before teaming up.

Given the closer connections and relationships of the rest, he is necessarily the "outsider"

And I still think that Daredevil's costume in the Netflix series should resemble that of the opening sequence.

Which is like the classic comic costume. And has no padding. The padding is more realistic and in line with the frequent injuries they show him sustaining in the television series.

I understand the reason for the padding (and that's probably the same reason the Affleck show uses a helmet and leather suit, Cap's suit has been updated and Batman's suit is more realistic), but then they shouldn't show the costume like that in the opening sequence.

It's probably a miscommunication between departments but it's also false advertising and takes away from the authenticity of the show for me.

Unless of course his costume comes to look like that eventually.

I watched all episodes this week. I enjoyed it, seeing DD brought to life so well. But, it was soooo talky!! So much dialoguing. On and on, scene after scene. I watched it late at night lying down with iPad and headphones and I kept closing my eyes and dozing off. Anyone else have trouble staying awake?

This never happens with Bad, Thrones, or even Mad Men. Or arrow, Gotham or Flash.

I agree - a little too much verbage (and overacting :D ).

Opening sequence is red paint poured over a guy.....that won't protect anyone but superman

That's not really my point though, is it?

If he's not going to look like that in the show they shouldn't be showing him look like that in the intro, and that's all I mean by my post.

Why not?

It's paying homage to the original costume without having to actually use it in the show. I liked it. (shrug)

I don't.

Again, I understand the purpose of why they would give him some body armor in his costume. You guys are making it sound like it's lost on me. It isn't. I was one of the 1st guys that argued on here years ago that changes of costume were OK for the movies because comic strip costumes weren't practical. :makepoint:

I just find it contradictory to use one costume in the starting credits and another in the show.

To me that's no different than a comic cover with a scene that never happens in the story. I've always hated that sort of thing because it's misleading and not authentic.

The opening sequence is a montage of stylistic images related to Daredevil's world kind of like a James Bond opening sequence. I don't think it's supposed to represent an actual costume. More like he's being soaked in blood.

So if they used a Sean Connery silhouette montage in a Daniel Craig Bond flick, that would be the same thing?

Guys, I get it. I just disagree with it. (shrug)

Why not?

It's paying homage to the original costume without having to actually use it in the show. I liked it. (shrug)

I don't.

Again, I understand the purpose of why they would give him some body armor in his costume. You guys are making it sound like it's lost on me. It isn't. I was one of the 1st guys that argued on here years ago that changes of costume were OK for the movies because comic strip costumes weren't practical. :makepoint:

I just find it contradictory to use one costume in the starting credits and another in the show.

To me that's no different than a comic cover with a scene that never happens in the story. I've always hated that sort of thing because it's misleading and not authentic.

dqfwow.png

They don't use the logo in the show either. Should they cut that out? :baiting::D

You guys, it's been renewed without Steven Deknight instead using Doug Petrie... NOOOOO! It was such a great show. I am so sick of the Buffy the Vampire empire that is also driving shows like agents of shield! Come one! Steven DeKnight made something awesome. Just say no to another Petrie dish.