• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Closeup of the mask. Love the ear slits, hate almost everything else. The mask in the opening credits is better than the one they actually used.

Why not just color the whole suit red? Easy to mistake him for Batman if you make it black. (tsk)

DaredevilMask.jpg

Melvin Potter explained why there was black and red in the suit.

Everyone mentioning favorite bits at the end here's mine:

When Marci smiles as her boss gets taken away. It's a moment of redemption. Despite great personal loss (and being portrayed as a total person_without_enough_empathy throughout) she is happy that her actions had results that make the world a better place.

My favorite part of the series in general was that it wasn't as black and white as they could have made it. Kingpin had redeeming features and Daredevil had some demons that caused him to be imperfect. All the characters seemed very human.

He was a villain in ASM for sure, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin or Venom as far as a Spider-Man nemesis. I feel like he was much more of a significant villain in Daredevil.

But, I haven't read a lot of early ASM so (shrug)

He seemed to fit better into the dark, crime underworld of DD's Hell's kitchen during the late 1970's and early 1980's than he did in ASM.

Frank Miller did a great job of making Kingpin both powerful and vulnerable at the same time. And the way he wove together Ben Ulrich, Bullseye, the Hand, the Punisher, - it was all woven together really well.

In ASM I saw the Kingpin as some big, tough Al Capone character who often fought Spidey hand to hand. With DD it was more about the Kingpin using his power through other channels. I couldn't see Kingpin as an ASM character any longer after I real Miller's DD.

He was a villain in ASM for sure, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin or Venom as far as a Spider-Man nemesis. I feel like he was much more of a significant villain in Daredevil.

He seemed to fit better into the dark, crime underworld of DD's Hell's kitchen during the late 1970's and early 1980's than he did in ASM.

Frank Miller did a great job of making Kingpin both powerful and vulnerable at the same time. And the way he wove together Ben Ulrich, Bullseye, the Hand, the Punisher, - it was all woven together really well.

In ASM I saw the Kingpin as some big, tough Al Capone character who often fought Spidey hand to hand. With DD it was more about the Kingpin using his power through other channels. I couldn't see Kingpin as an ASM character any longer after I real Miller's DD.

+1,000

I've watched the first 2 episodes and thought they were well done so far. I think there is a bit of over acting.

I'm a huge fan of this being set in a true New York setting as we hang out in Hell's kitchen whenever we're there so I'm hooked on just that angle of it.

I love the black suit and I like where they are going with this.

I think there is a bit of over-acting going on (especially Foggy) but I'm willing to overlook it as I get used to the characters. Looking forward to the rest with anticipation!

+1,000

Kevin Smith nailed it. This is Serpico all over again - dark, gritty and cohesive.

Because it's commercial free they are able to build a very smooth, cohesive 1 hour show.

Closeup of the mask. Love the ear slits, hate almost everything else. The mask in the opening credits is better than the one they actually used.

Why not just color the whole suit red? Easy to mistake him for Batman if you make it black. (tsk)

DaredevilMask.jpg

He said black could stop a bullet, red could only stop a knife. That doesn't explain why he couldn't just make the whole thing red. If him knowing which sections are bullet-proof is useful--not sure how it is, but perhaps it could be--different shades of red would work as well.

I think there is a bit of over-acting going on (especially Foggy) but I'm willing to overlook it as I get used to the characters.

Foggy was over the top in the comic, too, so I wasn't surprised by the overacting.

DaredevilMask.jpg

He said black could stop a bullet, red could only stop a knife. That doesn't explain why he couldn't just make the whole thing red. If him knowing which sections are bullet-proof is useful--not sure how it is, but perhaps it could be--different shades of red would work as well.

He said the suit wasn't finished...the black would provide more protection, the red less, but that he didn't have time to complete it.

Yeah, at this point I prefer the way Affleck's DD costume looked to this one.

I hope they fix that, otherwise the mask they show in the intro is meaningless.

Yes, there's some overacting.

I'm on E6 & love it. Other than GoT, it is the first tv show I've enjoyed watching more than one episode of in 10 yrs. Course, I don't watch much tv.

He said the suit wasn't finished...the black would provide more protection, the red less, but that he didn't have time to complete it.

Hmm, didn't notice that. Why would they do that? Is it so that the costume seems sort of in-progress much like the scarf he wore all season was? With the last episode being the big coming out of Daredevil, you'd think they'd unveil the polished real deal for that episode...seems difficult to believe they were still thinking of a work in progress. ???

It would give the producers a chance to gauge viewers reactions to the modernized look of the costume.

If a majority of viewers hate the costume, they can just redo it for Season 2. If people love it, then they could do minor tweaks if anything and keep it.

Hmm, didn't notice that. Why would they do that? Is it so that the costume seems sort of in-progress much like the scarf he wore all season was? With the last episode being the big coming out of Daredevil, you'd think they'd unveil the polished real deal for that episode...seems difficult to believe they were still thinking of a work in progress. ???

Easy out for producers to change it if necessary. Plus, in the real world & in the MCU, nothing is ever "finalized". Iron Man has always changed up his costume. Cap has worn 3 different costumes so far (5 if you count the USO costume & the slightly different version he wore when rescuing the Howling Commandos). Even Thor's armor has changed from movie to movie. They might get closer, but the first version of a major change in a costume is almost always a beta test. This was DD's beta-test costume. He went from no armor to armor that might or might not work as it was designed. Season 2 will probably show him going back to Potter to get it finished & upgraded where it was insufficient, and we'll get another change as a result.

It would give the producers a chance to gauge viewers reactions to the modernized look of the costume.

If a majority of viewers hate the costume, they can just redo it for Season 2. If people love it, then they could do minor tweaks if anything and keep it.

They have plenty of time to make changes.

Wish I had more to watch. This is the quality of renditions we wish we had for all our TV shows and Movies

the fights in DD are breath taking, just as Kevin Smith says.

Very well choreographed, executed, easy to follow.

Straight out of Bronze Age Daredevil issues in the 1970's. Just awesome.

...I saw the Kingpin as some big, tough Al Capone character who often fought Spidey hand to hand.

It's ridiculous that they even did all that. As tough as the Kingpin is, he's just a big strong dude who knows martial arts. Spidey can lift 15 tons, has a built-in sense for danger and has super-human lightning-fast reflexes. Kingpin should not have been able to lay a hand on him.