• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage February

440 posts in this topic

$44.8K for the twice-up Avengers #42 cover...think that one was about right for the market, and not a bad buy at that. I was tempted to make a go at that one, but decided that I really need to remain focused and not overspend this year. :)

Silver Surfer #4 cover recreation...pretty decent price for a recreation (~$9K), though, I guess at 1-2% of the cost of the original, not a bad buy either!

$60.9K for the Byrne FF 256 cover. :whatthe:

I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm not a big fan of some of those avengers covers in the 30s and 40s. They look a bit scratchy and uptight to me. The slightly later ones in the 50s and so on look more free and confident to me.

I thought the GL 84 pg 5 was a steal and artistically one of the best in that book. Also head and shoulders above the rest this auction but went for the same price as a few others very good buy whoever won it.

I thought the GL 84 pg 5 was a steal and artistically one of the best in that book. Also head and shoulders above the rest this auction but went for the same price as a few others very good buy whoever won it.

Agreed. Great page. Best of the bunch. All the Adams GL pages went to a "floor bidder". The auction is taking place in New York.

hm

Agreed. Great page. Best of the bunch. All the Adams GL pages went to a "floor bidder". The auction is taking place in New York.

hm

If I don't win the page I'm going for I'm gonna definitely regret not bidding that one up and taking a shot at it.

I was the underbidder on the Cockrum X-Men #96 page and the Colan Cap #117 cover. I might regret not going higher on the Colan, as I had originally planned to go higher than even the winning bid, but I admittedly got cold feet - in the heat of the moment, as the auctioneer took his sips of water, looked at me through the webcam and asked me if Heritage Live wanted it at the next bid and drew out the lot as long as he could, I just wasn't feeling it enough. :sorry:

Woohoooo! Just picked up not only my grail piece I was watching:

Thor #1 Cover

but because it went for less than my max I got greedy and I picked up the one right after it too:

Thor #1 Splash Page 18

Wow! Freakin' awesome! Never participated in a live auction before so my heart was pounding like crazy when my piece came up. I thought for sure I'd be outbid in the first 2 seconds, or something would go wrong with my connection...some sort of Murphy's Law issue. But nope, it all went silky smooth.

Sweeeeeeet!

Congratulations to the buyer of the Action Comics #15 cover at $286,800.00

(worship)

i think we have anew auction record for Fred Guardineer!

I would still rather have the Hulk 180 panel. :makepoint:

+1