• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Foom 2 a Prototype for Wolverine?

Is Foom 2 a Wolverine Prototype?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Is Foom 2 a Wolverine Prototype?

410 posts in this topic

Honestly if you had one of these, and I suspect most of us do not, would you sell now or hold? People are paying crazy prices for this book.

Probably keep it, as I don't sell anything other than price variant dupes that I find lurking in my collection, and even then it's 50/50.

I think I can count the books I've sold on 2 hands.

Honestly if you had one of these, and I suspect most of us do not, would you sell now or hold? People are paying crazy prices for this book.

Going to slab mine and sell it ASAP. It has a shot at 9.8.

I don't think the value will ever revert back to $15, but I do think the current mania will peak and taper off.

I don't think the value will ever revert back to $15, but I do think the current mania will peak and taper off.

I hope you are kidding.

CGC will never write this is Wolverine proto-type - and I doubt people care if it is a 6.0 or a 9.8. People finding it interesting for the thoughts the Wolverine story makes, but not for the art and all the things that drive the price of comic books.

And if it is slabbed then people cannot read and show the key aspect off. The Steranko cover is noce but not why people are buying it. And since it is more scarce than a normal comic book people are unlikely to get an undercopy to read. So all in all I really don't think these will be slabbed - and that it would make sense slabbing them.

If I had one I would keep it because the upward pressure on the price is much higher than the supply currently.

I hope you are kidding.

CGC will never write this is Wolverine proto-type - and I doubt people care if it is a 6.0 or a 9.8. People finding it interesting for the thoughts the Wolverine story makes, but not for the art and all the things that drive the price of comic books.

And if it is slabbed then people cannot read and show the key aspect off. The Steranko cover is noce but not why people are buying it. And since it is more scarce than a normal comic book people are unlikely to get an undercopy to read. So all in all I really don't think these will be slabbed - and that it would make sense slabbing them.

I do not agree with that at all.

Finding one CGCed is very hard. I have never seen one. He gets a 9.8 on his copy during the hype....that's a huge homerun for him. 100% slab that bad boy. And NOW is the time to do this....do not wait! Good luck!

I can but it may not be until this weekend. If I am able, I will try after work today.

Thanks, and anything you can do would be appreciated. There are a few characters that I'd like to see close-up/on angle just to properly catalog them for myself.

Took a few more pictures. Just have my iPhone for this. I don't have a scanner.

1f76a762c6971c256f6332be03a5e323_zps5bffda8b.jpg[/img]

edd8094d01b8fbb42d88bf9a3a5928a7_zpsc57a23f8.jpg[/img]

e559492913f70ca96b9e4ecb808a5397_zps7fc5ff7e.jpg[/img]