• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I enjoyed it until they stated changing artists every 3 issues. It was quite different but still punched enough of the nostalgia buttons. I guess I was spoiled on Kirby and Byrne with continuity and such. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Okay, now that I've seen both of those pics...does he look lopsided?

His left shoulder appears to be larger than his right.

The head still doesn't look right.

2007-02-09_114552_Thing1996.jpg

let's be honest there is no way they could ever get this right

I think we need to see where we were before and where we are now

this is a step in the right direction.

is it the correct step well let's wait and see but it's definitely better than before

thing_chiklis1.jpg

let's be honest there is no way they could ever get this right

movie makers recently got a tree and a talking racoon right

I meant it more that Chips expectation of a John Byrne Thing would be next to impossible to bring to life -his bar is very high

and I'd argue that the look of both were not the "hit" but the writing/directing of them

It's interesting to remember that the Thing was one the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe in the 60's and 70's and most of the 80's, but now is barely even used in the comics.

From 74 to 83 he was in two full time comics (Fantastic Four and Marvel Two-in-one - THREE if you count the reprints of the FF in Marvel's Greatest Comics which published through 1981), and made numerous appearances in other comics (Super Villain Team-Up, Defenders, Captain Marvel, Marvel Fanfare, etc.) as well as the FF Annuals and Giant Size and Treasury Editions.... then even had his own 36 issue series after Two-in-one ended.

But then... what happened?

Byrne booted him out of the FF and replaced him with She-Hulk and it's been downhill ever since....

Really a shame because he's such a great personality and wonderfully complex character...

I know everyone wants the classic FF, but it appears they are doing an excellent job sticking to the source material in Ultimate FF. Am I the only one who has read any of it?

I read it, but the majority want Stan and Jack`s version. :)

Remember ASM 2/Garfield was more based on Ultimate Spider-Man than Stan and Ditko`s, and we know how fandom reacted. :o

So we have been down this road before, and we probably know how it`s going to end.

Mediocre reviews, and mediocre box office which result in another reboot until they get it right.

2c

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It's interesting to remember that the Thing was one the most popular characters in the Marvel Universe in the 60's and 70's and most of the 80's, but now is barely even used in the comics.

From 74 to 83 he was in two full time comics (Fantastic Four and Marvel Two-in-one - THREE if you count the reprints of the FF in Marvel's Greatest Comics which published through 1981), and made numerous appearances in other comics (Super Villain Team-Up, Defenders, Captain Marvel, Marvel Fanfare, etc.) as well as the FF Annuals and Giant Size and Treasury Editions.... then even had his own 36 issue series after Two-in-one ended.

Byrne booted him out of the FF and replaced him with She-Hulk and it's been downhill ever since....

Really a shame because he's such a great personality and wonderfully complex character...

of the 4 characters I always felt he was the most interesting.

By far the Thing was FF`s most popular character.

In fact he was probably up there with Spider-Man for awhile as one of the two big ones.

250px-Marveltwoine22.png

By far the Thing was FF`s most popular character.

In fact he was probably up there with Spider-Man for awhile as one of the two big ones.

250px-Marveltwoine22.png

Yep. He definitely was!

Time to start a bring back the Thing to Marvel Comics campaign!**

** Which will fail miserably until Fox sells the movie rights back to Marvel.... :mad:

I feel like I'm looking at Fred Savage from The Wonder Years.

:eyeroll:

Hahaha, this. :roflmao:

Yeah... THAT guy is a scientist! Well if Doogie Howser could be a doctor.....

You fellas are so mean...to Fred Savage.

:whee:

Meanwhile, I hope the good times keeping rolling with this movie.

:wishluck:

Looks like a mock-up for a new stadium.

...actually, as a long time reader of Discover magazine..... it seems to resemble components that could be used for a miniature Particle Accelerator..... like the ones used in the recent discoveries of the "God Particle" a.k.a. Higgs Bosen. I could see where something like this could be applied to the opening of the Negative Zone.... at least from a fictional standpoint. I'm one of those weirdos who likes some hard pseudo science to increase believability....like Intersteller. Not to mention the possibility of inspiring a future Einstein. Back in the day, Marvel's positive portrayal of Science and problem solving inspired a lot of people to higher learning. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u