• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

Thanks Justin, happy to be back, and look forward to becoming part of this community again.

In a good way this time.

Thanks...although actually it would be budette. :) Girls collect comics too...didn't ya know. :) I've been collecting comics since I was six....in 1975.

So I have few more than I really should have by now. Hulk #1 is one of my favorites even though my copy isn't the greatest....but it's what I can afford right now. Eventually I'll upgrade it. I would like to get into the 4.0 range. Maybe someday.

Thanks...although actually it would be budette. :) Girls collect comics too...didn't ya know. :) I've been collecting comics since I was six....in 1975.

So I have few more than I really should have by now. Hulk #1 is one of my favorites even though my copy isn't the greatest....but it's what I can afford right now. Eventually I'll upgrade it. I would like to get into the 4.0 range. Maybe someday.

Cool, chics and comics is a great thing! (thumbs u Your copy is still nice either way. Is it unrestored?

Cool, chics and comics is a great thing! (thumbs u Your copy is still nice either way. Is it unrestored?

Yes is is unrestored....thus all the creases and the chunk missing out of the top left corner. I put white archival sheets under the cover and the back cover...thats why you see white in that upper left corner.

I put archival sheets in all my unslabbed copies. It's supposed to help slow down the aging process. Whether it does or not I don't know, but it makes me feel better. :)

Yes is is unrestored....thus all the creases and the chunk missing out of the top left corner. I put white archival sheets under the cover and the back cover...thats why you see white in that upper left corner.

I put archival sheets in all my unslabbed copies. It's supposed to help slow down the aging process. Whether it does or not I don't know, but it makes me feel better. :)

HA! That's pretty good. Is it like the micro chamber paper the cgc uses? I'd slab that book and maybe even get it signed by Stan.

HA! That's pretty good. Is it like the micro chamber paper the cgc uses? I'd slab that book and maybe even get it signed by Stan.

Yes it is exactly the same paper CGC uses. You can get it off Ebay.

As far as signing goes....I'm really against it. I honestly look it as defacing the comic. Much like graffiti. Taking a black sharpie to any comic...uhhhh!!!! As far as slabbing goes...I'm not against it. I really just don't like the whole numbers game. I think the overall appearance of the comic is the most important thing.

:shy:It's not very high on my list Dave. :sorry: There are a bunch of other books I need to check off first. I can still admire other's books though. :grin:

Blasphemy!!! :whatthe:

Yes it is exactly the same paper CGC uses. You can get it off Ebay.

As far as signing goes....I'm really against it. I honestly look it as defacing the comic. Much like graffiti. Taking a black sharpie to any comic...uhhhh!!!! As far as slabbing goes...I'm not against it. I really just don't like the whole numbers game. I think the overall appearance of the comic is the most important thing.

Very cool. Most of my books are in a Mylar with fullbacks if not Cgc'd. I'll look into that paper. I love seeing sigs on books that are lower to mid grade. yellow labels are great and it's the creator of the book/ character so I have no problem whatsoever with that. I. Honestly think its another thing for people to collect. Also some would say graffiti is art JS :cool:. I don't care for the numbers either but I think the slab makes the book present better and it preserves the book.