• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,253 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, BakerFanOne said:

I believe there are several warehouse finds on Archers

There were, but many of them feature varying amounts of moisture damage, especially on the back. Thank goodness for the wide-ranging availability of these because of those finds; otherwise, we’d all be fighting each other for far fewer copies. $$$$$

On 8/15/2022 at 2:28 PM, PopKulture said:

There were, but many of them feature varying amounts of moisture damage, especially on the back. Thank goodness for the wide-ranging availability of these because of those finds; otherwise, we’d all be fighting each other for far fewer copies. $$$$$

True, and it's true these would be a lot more $ if not for those finds, because Heade is so incredible an artist that any collector in his/her right mind wants them so demand is there. But those finds were 40 years ago now and most of them are scattered to the wind from what I can see.

I had many of them in my "first" collection, but putting together runs these days is pretty tough and getting pricey again (I've been slowly trying)

It seems like mostly the same ones show up in decent shape, and there are still many that you never see (or saw) because they must not have been in those finds.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Nice "Girl". Here's a few more I just picked up for my "Girl" collection. It seems like a lot of high grade Beacon's have surfaced lately and I've been scooping up what I can but there's a few tough bidders out there.

20220815_143744.thumb.jpg.0c45a426b17308c7af81c51bb4404690.jpg

I tried collecting Beacons in the 1990s but didn't make a lot of progress.  Congrats on those great pickups!

On 8/15/2022 at 7:57 PM, BakerFanOne said:

I tried collecting Beacons in the 1990s but didn't make a lot of progress.  Congrats on those great pickups!

Funny you should mention Beacon's.... I just got rid of a few...I'm not sure what they are really worth but they seem to go for about 10-15$. Kinda wanted to keep them but I am downsizing so I let them go, just one left now. They are very cool! A little on the .... how shall I say... 'spirited side'...I got a warning from ebay. I'm like geeze these are from the 50's. How raunchy could they be?