• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,991 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2022 at 3:26 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

it has been a fabulous collecting jag to round up a batch of Atlas digests in the last few months.  the thick cover stock and colorful images are very PB-like, with Cardwell Higgins and Peter Driben both contributing wonderful work. these are all from 1942-1945.

dasindead.jpg

midnimur.jpg

murwin.jpg

goldress.jpg

longhair.jpg

deadgiveaway.jpg

modelmurder.jpg

onemilcorpses.jpg

lispman.jpg

housewithblueeyes.jpg

finalappearance.jpg

gabriel.jpg

threegirls.jpg

deathisthehost.jpg

Halloween theme at it's best :luhv:

On 10/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

it has been a fabulous collecting jag to round up a batch of Atlas digests in the last few months.  the thick cover stock and colorful images are very PB-like, with Cardwell Higgins and Peter Driben both contributing wonderful work. these are all from 1942-1945.

dasindead.jpg

midnimur.jpg

murwin.jpg

goldress.jpg

longhair.jpg

deadgiveaway.jpg

modelmurder.jpg

onemilcorpses.jpg

lispman.jpg

housewithblueeyes.jpg

finalappearance.jpg

gabriel.jpg

threegirls.jpg

deathisthehost.jpg

The cover of DEATH IS THE HOST borders on extreme-certainly for the time! I'm reminded of Jim Jones & Jonestown...The Atlas Digests can be uncommon in my experience.

On 10/15/2022 at 3:32 PM, OtherEric said:

A couple finds today, a bit more recent than I would normally show here.  But I've never seen any of the Jules de Grandin paperbacks in the wild before, and I've had my eyes open for the Solar Pons for ages as well.  I enjoy the Copper Pons stories enough to grab them cheap, but I've never spotted the last pinnacle Pons cheap enough for me to snag.  And by now I've gotten rid of the pinnacle Derleth Pons I used to have as redundant, because I've got the Mycroft & Moran HC's.

Adventures of Jules de Grandin.jpg

Uncollected cases Solar Pons.jpg

There can never be too many Gorilla Covers!

On 10/16/2022 at 12:26 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

dasindead.jpg

midnimur.jpg

murwin.jpg

goldress.jpg

longhair.jpg

deadgiveaway.jpg

modelmurder.jpg

onemilcorpses.jpg

lispman.jpg

housewithblueeyes.jpg

finalappearance.jpg

gabriel.jpg

threegirls.jpg

deathisthehost.jpg

Great books there, Pat. I've never even seen most of those before.

On 10/16/2022 at 2:26 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

dasindead.jpg

midnimur.jpg

murwin.jpg

goldress.jpg

longhair.jpg

deadgiveaway.jpg

modelmurder.jpg

onemilcorpses.jpg

lispman.jpg

housewithblueeyes.jpg

finalappearance.jpg

gabriel.jpg

threegirls.jpg

deathisthehost.jpg

Excellent work on acquiring these books Pat. So many great covers among these Atlas digests!

On 10/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, OtherEric said:

One more.  Low grade, but how often do you see D-2?  No way I wasn’t spending the $3

image.jpg

image.jpg

how often do you see D-2?

Never...

Nice pickup as well as the smorgasboard above. "Strangler's Serenade" has disappeared from the marketplace. It's the only Popular Library Woolrich title I haven't found a nice copy of in 5 years of looking 😪