• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,938 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 5:24 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Then some very high grades with great cover art. 1984 is a 1st print and probably the sharpest front cover I've seen. Unfortunately there's a "bundling ding" on the back that looks like where bundling cord dented and bent the top of the back cover but It's still my new favorite copy of the several I've held on to over the years.

Cover art by Alan Harmon

20221118_180624.thumb.jpg.41ceb782de9e9563fd8c3d4b56e61669.jpg

Hilarious visualization of 1984. As if members of the "Anti-Sex League" would be issued uniforms showing full cleavage. 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:37 PM, Surfing Alien said:

July 1959 Vol 2 No 3. I give the full date because this confusing series has two Vol 2 No 3 issues in a row. It doesn't get much more hard boiled than "Hot Slug- Cool Dame" Killer cover art doesn't hurt either.

20221202_194614.thumb.jpg.ba1c79d152c01e1d9e9d96fc692ee1cd.jpg

Confusing barely covers it on that title.  I have a couple earlier issues that I'll try to scan, back when it was Saturn Science Fiction.  As compared to Saturn, Saturn Web Detective Stories, or Web Terror Stories.

The series is legendarily bonkers.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, OtherEric said:

Confusing barely covers it on that title.  I have a couple earlier issues that I'll try to scan, back when it was Saturn Science Fiction.  As compared to Saturn, Saturn Web Detective Stories, or Web Terror Stories.

The series is legendarily bonkers.

One or two of the later Terror Stories digest covers look like they were taken right off the Terror Tales or Horror Stories pulps.

The one I posted is the fifth detective issue and first one that doesn't have "Saturn" in the title. I guess for some reason they kept the Vol & No the same as the last to launch it with a new title for some copyright reason (shrug) Anyway, a fun set of digests and another reason to regret opening my wallet for this because now I want more :devil: