• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

There's a thread I stared in Comics General about which 10 of my HIGH DOLLAR  books should go in my bank safe deposit box. You can revive it there if you want and I'll go on about my in-depth bank safe deposit box research. And on, and on and on...

I already have thought about how people can get there stuff stolen inside a bank safe stolen yes there is a possibility if you own multiple safety boxes and you go in and open one or more and leave the rest closed and the keys dangling there (in the lock of your box) while you go into the private room to look over the contents of your box (es) and during this time a employee opens the closed one (s) with your key since he or she still has them available to him/her. Then takes out your stuff then closes the safety box (es) back before you return to end your day at the bank.

I never EVER leave my keys with them or dangling from a opened boxes key hole due to this possibility. And I do mean NEVER!!

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

1 hour ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

As long as the chips don't get worse over time but like I said it will stay flat in my bank vault till the day comes to sell it so it will not be moving around at all.

That's no fun then as you won't get the full enjoyment value out of your AF 15 then.

You gotta be like Jon Berk who's always more than willing to invite his fellow collectors over so that they can thumb through and geek over his comic books:  :golfclap:

On 2/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, ciorac said:

IMG_7120.JPG

p1010008.jpg

P1010013.JPG

Wonder where Jon's copy of AF 15 is as apparently Spidey was his favorite character and he has all of the books right through to current times, along with a complete set of SA Marvels.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

That's no fun then as you won't get the full enjoyment value out of your AF 15 then.

You gotta be like Jon Berk who's always more than willing to invite his fellow collectors over so that they can thumb through and geek over his comic books:  :golfclap:

If you notice none of his books shows pre marvel chipping or DC chipping in his case. Yes I guess if you have millions of dollars you don't mind taking a risk not so much in my case when you work every day and don't make a fortune and paid with your books with your own hard earned money. For me even a lose of 5000$ would be a major lose....so no I will not be doing that. I have marvel masterworks reprints to read and images of my books that suites me just fine.

20 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Yes I guess if you have millions of dollars you don't mind taking a risk not so much in my case when you work every day and don't make a fortune and paid with your hard earned money.

Doubt he has millions of dollars as he is just like the rest of us poor working slobs who in his particular case, had to toil away everyday as a trial lawyer.

It's just that he fell in love with the comic books and their creators since his law school days and was astute enough to pick them up when they were still relatively cheap.  A true comic book historian who has written so many articles to educate and share his love for these books with all of us fellow collectors, including right here on these boards.  :golfclap:

Not sure if he is still working since he is now 67 and has been a caretaker for his comic books for over 40 years, and now feels it is time to pass them onto the next generation of collectors.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

Doubt he has millions of dollars as he is just like the rest of us poor working slobs who in his particular case, had to toil away everyday as a trial lawyer.

It's just that he fell in love with the comic books and their creators since his law school days and was astute enough to pick them up when they were still relatively cheap.  A true comic book historian who has written so many articles to educate and share his love for these books with all of us fellow collectors, including right here on these boards.  :golfclap:

Not sure if he is still working since he is now 67 and has been a caretaker for his comic books for over 40 years, and now feels it is time to pass them onto the next generation of collectors.  (thumbsu

To each his own whatever makes someone one happy and makes them feel safe.

1 hour ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

To each his own whatever makes someone one happy and makes them feel safe.

Enjoy them, Supergirl. If that means keeping a keen eye on their value, then do it. If you're happy keeping them in bank vault, then do it. If you want to let people thumb through them, then do it. Read them or don't read them.

Do what you want, not what someone around here thinks you should do

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Enjoy them, Supergirl. If that means keeping a keen eye on their value, then do it. If you're happy keeping them in bank vault, then do it. If you want to let people thumb through them, then do it.

Do what you want, not what someone around here thinks you should do

Thanks like I said to each his/her own. This is a hobby so enjoy it because we will not be here forever.

Wonder where Jon's copy of AF 15 is as apparently Spidey was his favorite character and he has all of the books right through to current times, along with a complete set of SA Marvels.  hm

While I know comics should be read and enjoyed, these pictures slightly terrify me!

6 minutes ago, s14roller said:

Are those real copies of Tec27/Action1 or reprints?  

They are real.  Jon Berk's copies, which have since been slabbed and are going to be auctioned by Heritage.

4 hours ago, texmurphy2099 said:

I think you're good bro... but tbh I feel the think the same thing  when I stare at my Hulk 1 7.5 so I know the feeling

What is the issue with your Hulk 1 by the way (send me a PM so we don't start talking Hulk 1 here)?

Never even thought about the MC/no MC argument before,  years ago I was always told CGC didn't downgrade as MC was common for SA books of this era. But I suppose buyers are indeed paying a premium for no MC these days.

They do look purdy though without: 

IMG_5207_zpsqtvczgb9.jpg

002_zps0xw24ppl.jpg

003_zpsccdrmhcz.jpg

Edited by fishbone

5 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:
5 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

While I know comics should be read and enjoyed, these pictures slightly terrify me!

Same here!!

And yet, many of these books still graded out as 9.4's or 9.6's, and even some as high as 9.8.  :whatthe:

Considering that's hard to do with brand new books right off the newsstand today, that's really saying something for books from the '30's.  :golfclap:

Must be all that free "manual pressing" that he is getting as his fellow collectors are perusing the books.  lol