• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I assume you must really be referring to weird stuff happening at CGC if you are talking about the grading, since CC is not involved with the grading process.

If you are referring to the high prices that CC is able to get on their auctions for nicely presenting copies of AF 15's, I don't believe weird is the correct term to be using.  I believe it's becoming quite apparent that CC is not only the clear market leader, but also the market maker when it comes to high in-demand books like AF 15's and the pre-Robin 'Tec books.  :gossip:

They are easy to work with. Payments help, the only issue I have is they are Kinda cheap on counter offers.  This AF #15 spike makes me think a lot of the other Marvel silver keys are under valued.   It appears there is true demand, and the AF 15 is viewed as a cant miss investment.  I think most marvel is cant miss at this point , even if the  movies stop! Marvel is now iconic and a huge part of Americana.  Disney will keep these characters relevant for ever!

10 hours ago, SC22 said:

I am surprised this AF5 CGC 4.5 with no marvel chipping has yet to sell.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201860945307?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

2 offers were made - one was declined but one is within the range of consideration as its listed as "pending."  This isn't my copy but my 4.5 ow/w is nicer (better wrap).

3 minutes ago, Spiderphill said:

Idk doesn't make sense. Gimme a non CC record breaker at this point. 

This market definitely can be easily manipulated by anyone.  Its hard to prove and almost impossible to stop.  Have to be real sharp and have discipline in this market.   CGC exploded onto the scene because it was protection from a lot of greed and manipulated books,  this hobby is known for shade and that will always be true.

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Not too sure about the possible rust on the bottom staple, but your front cover definitely presents much nicer than the CGC 4.0 copy in the current CC auction.  (thumbsu

No I meant the copy on ComicConnect has a rusty staple not his.

7 hours ago, paul747 said:

This market definitely can be easily manipulated by anyone.  Its hard to prove and almost impossible to stop.  Have to be real sharp and have discipline in this market.   CGC exploded onto the scene because it was protection from a lot of greed and manipulated books,  this hobby is known for shade and that will always be true.

Hmm.... interesting '

Could this 2.5 hit a new GPA high this Sunday? Got a ways to go to get over $12,995 but last minute bidding.... Thoughts? I'm assuming the buyers premium added in does not affect the GPA price, right?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-gd-25-off-white-pages/a/121716-13226.s?type=cgcforum-weeklycomics-041617

1 minute ago, Kevin76 said:

Glad I got my AF 15 2.5 OW when I did.  

And glad I upgraded to my 2.0 a few years ago. I sold my 1.8 for $5,000.00 then, seems like small potatoes the way things are going now.....