• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,483 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2017 at 2:03 PM, BIZZARRO said:

Big question, I own an AF-15 3.0 With slight-A resto (light color touch)

About how much is it worth?

Based on your pictures, it's super clean and too bad the resto is slight(A) but at auction my guess 5-6k?

10 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

This one has super nice grays and white pages; 6 months to pay.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a record high for a 4.0

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=694043

The bottom staple looks rusty.  I wouldn't buy it just for that reason.  But the book looks great, white pages are awesome and for bump chasers, it hasn't been pressed (At least I'm pretty sure it hasn't been).

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

The bottom staple looks rusty.  I wouldn't buy it just for that reason.  But the book looks great, white pages are awesome and for bump chasers, it hasn't been pressed (At least I'm pretty sure it hasn't been).

definitely rusty staples and virtually NO chance of a grade bump due to staining/water damage...

Edited by G.A.tor

8 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

definitely rusty staples and virtually NO chance of a grade bump due to staining/water damage...

Agree about the bump, I didn't look at the back until after I posted.  Its nice that it has no chipping but after looking at the back I think a resub has the potential to yield a bump down.

Edited by comicquant

Great looking copy for a 4.0, you can really tell it's in a nice state of preservation as reflected by the white pages.  Given the high price reached for that taped copy recently, I would not be surprised to see this one break $22K to set a new GPA high, despite the water staining and a little bit of rust on the staples.

1 minute ago, drbanner said:

Great looking copy for a 4.0, you can really tell it's in a nice state of preservation as reflected by the white pages.  Given the high price reached for that taped copy recently, I would not be surprised to see this one break $22K to set a new GPA high, despite the water staining and a little bit of rust on the staples.

You think so?  Even with rusty staples?  Like most issues everyone's opinion differs, but to me rust is comparable to trimming.  Something I won't even consider.

1 minute ago, comicquant said:

You think so?  Even with rusty staples?  Like most issues everyone's opinion differs, but to me rust is comparable to trimming.  Something I won't even consider.

Yeah, I didn't even notice the rusty staples when I 1st looked at it and it's really not even that noticeable now that I know it's there. I thought the tape on the other 4.0 copy was the death-knell though, and it set the GPA record  so what the heck do I know? :pullhair:

On 4/11/2017 at 10:34 AM, comicquant said:
On 4/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, drbanner said:

Any idea if a 4.0 is the highest possible grade for a book that has rusty staples?  hm

If you replace the rusty staple with vintage staples from that same time period, would the book then become a GLOD or would it be much worse and fall into the much dreaded PLOD category?  ???

20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any idea if a 4.0 is the highest possible grade for a book that has rusty staples?  hm

If you replace the rusty staple with vintage staples from that same time period, would the book then become a GLOD or would it be much worse and fall into the much dreaded PLOD category?  ???

I'm pretty sure replaced staples on a SA book will get you a PLOD (not sure about GA)

Edited by Jordysnordy

11 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I'm pretty sure replaced staples on a SA book will get you a PLOD (not sure about GA)

They used to get green/qualified. I think conserved now. 

40 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

It is always about the size of the defect. So it depends on how rusty.