• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

A upgrade is what I am planning in the not so distant future. Profit from the sale, add a few bucks. There ya go. That's the plan anyways. I would love to own a nice looking 4.0 - 5.0 copy. For me that is good enough. The next time that book would be sold is when the wife and I retire and want to do whatever the bleep we want to do. Well, I'm retired. Just waiting on the wife to start making plan's.

I've been saying this for years since I started really focusing on dropping serious money on comics that you cannot go wrong with this book PERIOD. Sure it might seem that sale prices for this book is too pricey and sometimes we tend to think that oh it may dip somewhere down the line. Well, I still have not seen it in the past 10 years of being in the hobby. I have owned at least a copy of AF #15 every year and it has not let me down.

Putting aside the monetary value and investment potential of this book, whether prices increase, decrease, or remain leveled for years to come, I will always be happy being an owner of this book. It's just that great for being the most iconic Marvel superhero IMO. So if you have the $ to buy a copy, I suggest you do.

I met a guy (a friend of a fellow boardie) years back who had no interest or knowledge of comic books. We were at SDCC one year and we were talking to him about comic books and why he should think about buying a key issue. After an hour of walking back and forth at the show floor, he finally agreed to take a look at a key issue. Both me and the boardie suggested to him AF 15 as the book to buy. We stepped into Jamie's booth from SoCal Comics and saw that he had an AF 15 CGC 4.0 universal. He asked for the price and his eyes lit up at how much he was asking. He thought about backing out of it because of the price. After another short talk with him (and some peer pressure lol) he finally bought the book. Flash forward 1-2 years from then, he bought another copy this time a 6.5 universal. He still has both books and other keys in his collection and wouldn't sell to me or anyone at all.

Another story, my best friend who is a big Spidey fan. I've been telling this guy for years to buy a copy now! He refuses because he thinks the price is too ridiculous. Every year I keep telling him to save up for the book, but he just gives me the same answer. Now, it is completely out of reach for him, sad to say :(.

Look who the big winner is now..

I would love to buy another copy and upgrade from the one that I currently have. Has anyone dealt with comicmylars off ebay. He is a tough nut to crack and very short. There is no way I can commit to selling my copy if I can't secure another to buy. :facepalm:(shrug)

I have personally purchased numerous books from comicmylars. A large chunk of what he sells is consignment, so he has less wiggle room on those prices. But even on those he will work with you with a hundred dollars off here and there. But no, he is not someone you can expect or hope will take a low ball offer.

-J.

I messaged him on ebay to purchase a book in person 2 years back. Piad in cash to knock off the 10% ebay/paypal fee. Seems like a nice guy, but yea he will not really lower the price on his books much.

I am trying like hell to move up. I posted a trade in the WTB threads my raw and a Hulk 181 to get a better copy. I might be better off selling each book separately then buying what I want. Trouble is finding a copy that I'm comfortable with. I sure as hell want to be one of those winners for making a great decision.

Edited by carter3175

I've been saying this for years since I started really focusing on dropping serious money on comics that you cannot go wrong with this book PERIOD. Sure it might seem that sale prices for this book is too pricey and sometimes we tend to think that oh it may dip somewhere down the line. Well, I still have not seen it in the past 10 years of being in the hobby. I have owned at least a copy of AF #15 every year and it has not let me down.

Putting aside the monetary value and investment potential of this book, whether prices increase, decrease, or remain leveled for years to come, I will always be happy being an owner of this book. It's just that great for being the most iconic Marvel superhero IMO. So if you have the $ to buy a copy, I suggest you do.

I met a guy (a friend of a fellow boardie) years back who had no interest or knowledge of comic books. We were at SDCC one year and we were talking to him about comic books and why he should think about buying a key issue. After an hour of walking back and forth at the show floor, he finally agreed to take a look at a key issue. Both me and the boardie suggested to him AF 15 as the book to buy. We stepped into Jamie's booth from SoCal Comics and saw that he had an AF 15 CGC 4.0 universal. He asked for the price and his eyes lit up at how much he was asking. He thought about backing out of it because of the price. After another short talk with him (and some peer pressure lol) he finally bought the book. Flash forward 1-2 years from then, he bought another copy this time a 6.5 universal. He still has both books and other keys in his collection and wouldn't sell to me or anyone at all.

Another story, my best friend who is a big Spidey fan. I've been telling this guy for years to buy a copy now! He refuses because he thinks the price is too ridiculous. Every year I keep telling him to save up for the book, but he just gives me the same answer. Now, it is completely out of reach for him, sad to say :(.

Perfectly stated, you have a nice 8.5

Just upgraded to a 7.0, really happy with it since the 7.0s have stabilized in price(hasnt changed much in price the last 3years)

Edited by SpiderTurtle

I am trying like hell to move up. I posted a trade in the WTB threads my raw and a Hulk 181 to get a better copy. I might be better off selling each book separately then buying what I want. Trouble is finding a copy that I'm comfortable with. I sure as hell want to be one of those winners for making a great decision.

Do it, you wont regret!

Do it, you wont regret!

:baiting: I need a bite

You have an 8.5?

Damn, man. :applause:

If I didn't have this personal thing against playing the "upgrade game".....I'd probably be playing the "upgrade game".... with this book (and a few others). lol

-J.

Sometimes I consider upgrading from my 4.0 but it just seems like so much more I would have to trade/pay to get to the next level I would consider which is a 6.0

Sometimes I consider upgrading from my 4.0 but it just seems like so much more I would have to trade/pay to get to the next level I would consider which is a 6.0

Come on sell me your 4.0 :baiting:

Edited by carter3175