• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

I've been saying this for years since I started really focusing on dropping serious money on comics that you cannot go wrong with this book PERIOD. Sure it might seem that sale prices for this book is too pricey and sometimes we tend to think that oh it may dip somewhere down the line. Well, I still have not seen it in the past 10 years of being in the hobby. I have owned at least a copy of AF #15 every year and it has not let me down.

Putting aside the monetary value and investment potential of this book, whether prices increase, decrease, or remain leveled for years to come, I will always be happy being an owner of this book. It's just that great for being the most iconic Marvel superhero IMO. So if you have the $ to buy a copy, I suggest you do.

I met a guy (a friend of a fellow boardie) years back who had no interest or knowledge of comic books. We were at SDCC one year and we were talking to him about comic books and why he should think about buying a key issue. After an hour of walking back and forth at the show floor, he finally agreed to take a look at a key issue. Both me and the boardie suggested to him AF 15 as the book to buy. We stepped into Jamie's booth from SoCal Comics and saw that he had an AF 15 CGC 4.0 universal. He asked for the price and his eyes lit up at how much he was asking. He thought about backing out of it because of the price. After another short talk with him (and some peer pressure lol) he finally bought the book. Flash forward 1-2 years from then, he bought another copy this time a 6.5 universal. He still has both books and other keys in his collection and wouldn't sell to me or anyone at all.

Another story, my best friend who is a big Spidey fan. I've been telling this guy for years to buy a copy now! He refuses because he thinks the price is too ridiculous. Every year I keep telling him to save up for the book, but he just gives me the same answer. Now, it is completely out of reach for him, sad to say :(.

Look who the big winner is now..

Think I'll sell mine (yawn!). :screwy:

I've been saying this for years since I started really focusing on dropping serious money on comics that you cannot go wrong with this book PERIOD. Sure it might seem that sale prices for this book is too pricey and sometimes we tend to think that oh it may dip somewhere down the line. Well, I still have not seen it in the past 10 years of being in the hobby. I have owned at least a copy of AF #15 every year and it has not let me down.

Putting aside the monetary value and investment potential of this book, whether prices increase, decrease, or remain leveled for years to come, I will always be happy being an owner of this book. It's just that great for being the most iconic Marvel superhero IMO. So if you have the $ to buy a copy, I suggest you do.

I met a guy (a friend of a fellow boardie) years back who had no interest or knowledge of comic books. We were at SDCC one year and we were talking to him about comic books and why he should think about buying a key issue. After an hour of walking back and forth at the show floor, he finally agreed to take a look at a key issue. Both me and the boardie suggested to him AF 15 as the book to buy. We stepped into Jamie's booth from SoCal Comics and saw that he had an AF 15 CGC 4.0 universal. He asked for the price and his eyes lit up at how much he was asking. He thought about backing out of it because of the price. After another short talk with him (and some peer pressure lol) he finally bought the book. Flash forward 1-2 years from then, he bought another copy this time a 6.5 universal. He still has both books and other keys in his collection and wouldn't sell to me or anyone at all.

Another story, my best friend who is a big Spidey fan. I've been telling this guy for years to buy a copy now! He refuses because he thinks the price is too ridiculous. Every year I keep telling him to save up for the book, but he just gives me the same answer. Now, it is completely out of reach for him, sad to say :(.

Perfectly stated, you have a nice 8.5

Just upgraded to a 7.0, really happy with it since the 7.0s have stabilized in price(hasnt changed much in price the last 3years)

I had a nice 8.5. Sold it to fund for my GA key book collection. I wish I could've kept it, but GA keys for me comes first as it is tougher to find than any SA book, for the most part. I do have 2 copies though that I am keeping. I'm happy downgrading lol

Just upgraded to a 7.0, really happy with it since the 7.0s have stabilized in price(hasnt changed much in price the last 3years)

I had a nice 8.5. Sold it to fund for my GA key book collection. I wish I could've kept it, but GA keys for me comes first as it is tougher to find than any SA book, for the most part. I do have 2 copies though that I am keeping. I'm happy downgrading lol

Wow, did not know you sold your 8.5. :sorry:

Wow, did not know you sold your 8.5. :sorry:

Only a few knew. It was a nice copy too :sorry:

here's the happing ending (Brian, you took the picture despite the photo bombing in the background lol). I remember flipping the coin for Eddy and it came up tails--saved him $200 :)

C694808D-46A7-4B92-84A9-58AE03D4973B_zpssr3zeiaj.jpg

here's the happing ending (Brian, you took the picture despite the photo bombing in the background lol). I remember flipping the coin for Eddy and it came up tails--saved him $200 :)

I forgot I even took a pic. I was just so happy for Eddie that it fell of my mind lol Yes, I totally forgot about the coin flip. I guess I was just gazing at the AF 15 he bought. Good flip btw! Next time there's a coin flip for me to get a deal, I'll have you flip or call it (thumbs u

I forgot I even took a pic. I was just so happy for Eddie that it fell of my mind lol Yes, I totally forgot about the coin flip. I guess I was just gazing at the AF 15 he bought. Good flip btw! Next time there's a coin flip for me to get a deal, I'll have you flip or call it (thumbs u

lol. You are still awake?! Let's not forget, Eddie spent a lot of time at Gators booth talking comics so he had a crash course on comic investing that weekend. He did quite well with two copies racking up interest :) Jamie even told the AF15 "flip a coin" story in an OSPG market report circa 2009 or 2010.

lol. You are still awake?! Let's not forget, Eddie spent a lot of time at Gators booth talking comics so he had a crash course on comic investing that weekend. He did quite well with two copies racking up interest :) Jamie even told the AF15 "flip a coin" story in an OSPG market report circa 2009 or 2010.

Shoot, I want to read that market report. I wonder if I have the OSPG that talks about the coin flip hm

Shoot, I want to read that market report. I wonder if I have the OSPG that talks about the coin flip hm

I believe it's entitled "Eddie pulls boner of the year" lol

I believe it's entitled "Eddie pulls boner of the year" lol

:idea:

At this point in time, I think it's fairly safe to say that this book is as safe as it gets for speculating. That is not to say that there may be some market corrections along the way, but in the long run you will come out ahead owning this book.

Many have waited for the price to come down to jump in, but it keeps going up and up and many are left standing on the side of the road.

At this point in time, I think it's fairly safe to say that this book is as safe as it gets for speculating. That is not to say that there may be some market corrections along the way, but in the long run you will come out ahead owning this book.

Many have waited for the price to come down to jump in, but it keeps going up and up and many are left standing on the side of the road.

(thumbs u Those people who continually say "I will buy a copy next year/next time" will certainly pay more the next time around.

Agreed. It used to be very easy to find copies and now its definitely tougher and copies seem to be selling briskly at shows (when they're available). I picked up this copy and have had a few inquiries on it but I'm waiting to get what I think FMV is for it.

AF15_zpscba395c4.jpg

Agreed. It used to be very easy to find copies and now its definitely tougher and copies seem to be selling briskly at shows (when they're available). I picked up this copy and have had a few inquiries on it but I'm waiting to get what I think FMV is for it.

AF15_zpscba395c4.jpg

That's a mighty nice presenting 5.0. (thumbs u

-J.

Last year I said this year was my year.

This is the year but tough to find the right book at a FMV price for the book and not the price a grade or two above the book. I'm ok with paying a premium but I've tried to negotiate with sellers who want a lot more than recent sales at same grade.

A guy at One of the comic shops I go to said it best, "you're a quest for that book, man."

Yes I am.

This is the year but tough to find the right book at a FMV price for the book and not the price a grade or two above the book. I'm ok with paying a premium but I've tried to negotiate with sellers who want a lot more than recent sales at same grade.

A guy at One of the comic shops I go to said it best, "you're a quest for that book, man."

Yes I am.

Not too long ago, someone wrote in this thread if you wait to pay FMV for this book, you will never own this book (you can scroll through the pages to see who deserves the credit) but he is 100% correct.

AF15_zpscba395c4.jpg

That's a mighty nice presenting 5.0. (thumbs u

-J.

$19-20k is fmv in my opinion but it woulndt suprise me if you get higher than that!

Edited by SpiderTurtle

Im pretty sure someone on the boards here sold his 5.5 for 21 and some change. I was kicking myself.

20k is definitely FMV on a nice 5.0. Book is tough to find at shows now too and I could see more movement this summer as dealers clamor for copies for shows. That 5.5 should've flown. I couldn't believe how long it lasted.

Yes I am.

Not too long ago, someone wrote in this thread if you wait to pay FMV for this book, you will never own this book (you can scroll through the pages to see who deserves the credit) but he is 100% correct.

:hi:

-J.