• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

I am going with under, looks like it has been pressed and the "fan" it looks like it caused is pretty undesirable for a $65K book IMHO.

I don't know enough to speculate on price but it does look like it has been Costanzed.

It is absolutely impossible to determine whether or not any of those "defects" were caused by pressing.

7.5's don't come around for auction very often and the last 8.0 that was on comic connect a few months ago (also rumored to have been pressed) set a new GPA high anyway. I suspect this one will do quite well especially with the Marvel movie buzz swirling around now.

-J.

I am going with under, looks like it has been pressed and the "fan" it looks like it caused is pretty undesirable for a $65K book IMHO.

I don't know enough to speculate on price but it does look like it has been Costanzed.

It is absolutely impossible to determine whether or not any of those "defects" were caused by pressing.

7.5's don't come around for auction very often and the last 8.0 that was on comic connect a few months ago (also rumored to have been pressed) set a new GPA high anyway. I suspect this one will do quite well especially with the Marvel movie buzz swirling around now.

-J.

Not disagreeing with you man. Just saying it looks fugly on the open edge.

Being a newb to Silver books, I was wondering something. Has there ever been a near mint copy of AF 15 ? Guess I could check the registry, but I'm too lazy. :D
Check out ghost towns post in the top 3 books to own. There is about 40 graded 8.0 or higher. For the demand on this book that's not a lot...

Being a newb to Silver books, I was wondering something. Has there ever been a near mint copy of AF 15 ? Guess I could check the registry, but I'm too lazy. :D

Pretty sure there are three copies in 9.6, at least on the registry.

-J.

Not disagreeing with you man. Just saying it looks fugly on the open edge.

The shrinkage, if that's what it is, isn't as bad as many copies. I don't disagree that it is undesirable though. Any time you can see the page edges at the lower right corner that is a turnoff for me. That said, it is very nicely centered otherwise so that may offset the right edge some.

I would love to buy another copy and upgrade from the one that I currently have. Has anyone dealt with comicmylars off ebay. He is a tough nut to crack and very short. There is no way I can commit to selling my copy if I can't secure another to buy. :facepalm:(shrug)

I would love to buy another copy and upgrade from the one that I currently have. Has anyone dealt with comicmylars off ebay. He is a tough nut to crack and very short. There is no way I can commit to selling my copy if I can't secure another to buy. :facepalm:(shrug)

I have personally purchased numerous books from comicmylars. A large chunk of what he sells is consignment, so he has less wiggle room on those prices. But even on those he will work with you with a hundred dollars off here and there. But no, he is not someone you can expect or hope will take a low ball offer.

-J.

over. Graded in one of CGCs strictest periods. Extremely strong example for a 7.5