• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Im pretty sure someone on the boards here sold his 5.5 for 21 and some change. I was kicking myself.

20k is definitely FMV on a nice 5.0. Book is tough to find at shows now too and I could see more movement this summer as dealers clamor for copies for shows. That 5.5 should've flown. I couldn't believe how long it lasted.

$23k easy on a nice 5.5, from experience here

You have an 8.5?

Damn, man. :applause:

If I didn't have this personal thing against playing the "upgrade game".....I'd probably be playing the "upgrade game".... with this book (and a few others). lol

-J.

While I don't have a problem with those that do, at all, I'm the same. I like my 3.5, looks great for the grade, I got it for a great price, and I'm happy to keep it.

Lots of crazy new GPA highs on the book this week. $8500 for a 2.5 and then $9500 for another 2.5 a couple days later. Then a new GPA high on a 2.0, and of course these two heritage sales which are both also GPA highs. Is this movie hype or a sudden mass mob mentality of people feeling as though the book is getting out of reach and it's now or never ? (shrug)

-J.

It's even got the regional staples, whatever those are.

As you can see, the cover is not in MINT condition. The corners are a little rough.... lol

Edited by rfoiii

Lots of crazy new GPA highs on the book this week. $8500 for a 2.5 and then $9500 for another 2.5 a couple days later. Then a new GPA high on a 2.0, and of course these two heritage sales which are both also GPA highs. Is this movie hype or a sudden mass mob mentality of people feeling as though the book is getting out of reach and it's now or never ? (shrug)

-J.

This is a good question. I'm a casual (sometimes serious) collector. I purchased my 2.5 CGC AF15 last September for about $7,500. My motivation was based on a bit of hysteria as I watched the price climb the past several years. I really didn't think about the movies in my consideration, maybe because Spider-Man movies have been around for a bit. In addition to the price hysteria, I did think about the book in the context of the greater comic book collecting hobby. Though it's not Action #1, it's sort of on that side of the spectrum, right? In terms of its historical importance.

So, for those (and a few other personal reasons) I decided to get in the game before it is too late for me. Glad I did too, based on the auction results of late.

it was indeed...actually had a 4.5 priced at same (again, last year sticker) that I quickly moved up to 4K a point...whew

it was indeed...actually had a 4.5 priced at same (again, last year sticker) that I quickly moved up to 4K a point...whew

(thumbs u

Whats the fmv for 7.0, 7.5, 8.0?

4K a point=36K,38.5K,40K

4K a point=36K,38.5K,40K

Im positive thats not the fmv for those 3 grades

Edited by SpiderTurtle