• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Hard to compete with a 7.0, 3.0 & 2.5! Awesome books. I recently downgraded from my 3.0 to this 1.8. Not a huge fan of SS, but the book presented nice for a 1.8.

DTgR96H.jpg

That used to be mine :) nice book. Front cover presents nicely; grade got hammered by a bad back stain.

Whats a copy like that running for these days? I also have a 1.8 SS copy, too. Last I checked - and this was a number of years ago - it was valued around $2400 give or take. I presume it's doing better?
It's getting out of hand. I think entry into the club at a .5 complete is around 5,000$...

Whats a copy like that running for these days? I also have a 1.8 SS copy, too. Last I checked - and this was a number of years ago - it was valued around $2400 give or take. I presume it's doing better?
It's getting out of hand. I think entry into the club at a .5 complete is around 5,000$...

That is correct. My 0.5 complete listed as restored due to cover trimming was purchased of eBay for a best offer made on a $5000 listing. If you read up though, I was not the purchaser so I do not know the accepted offer.

There is zero sign of this book slowing down. The only thing that could change it would be an unexpected find of new issues. I always wonder on a book like this where there are about 2700 slabbed, how many raws are still left.

Edited by drotto

And a good looking 1.8 like this one has a chance at $7000

That is correct. My 0.5 complete listed as restored due to cover trimming was purchased of eBay for a best offer made on a $5000 listing. If you read up though, I was not the purchaser so I do not know the accepted offer.

There is zero sign of this book slowing down. The only thing that could change it would be an unexpected find of new issues. I always wonder on a book like this where there are about 2700 slabbed, how many raws are still left.

I would hazard at least that many un-slabbed copies left in the wild. There have been extensive threads devoted to estimating populations. From memory Rick said he knows a guy with a long box full of AF15s.

I would hazard at least that many un-slabbed copies left in the wild. There have been extensive threads devoted to estimating populations. From memory Rick said he knows a guy with a long box full of AF15s.

Yup, Rick did mention that. I wonder what's left?

And a good looking 1.8 like this one has a chance at $7000

Easily $7000. I bet a a ratty 1.8 copy can easily fetch that price.

Edited by showcase22gr1959