• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

As someone who doesn't have GPA, but has tracked low grade sales over the last few years, I'd say 5K, at the moment is the VERY high end for a blue label .5.

I think 4,200-4,500 could easily get you one--as long as you can track one down! And what's really tricky in .5 land is there can be so much variation in eye appeal--even among the blue label .5 completes.

Others chime in. I might be off. (And maybe not just mathematically. :insane:)

Whats a copy like that running for these days? I also have a 1.8 SS copy, too. Last I checked - and this was a number of years ago - it was valued around $2400 give or take. I presume it's doing better?
It's getting out of hand. I think entry into the club at a .5 complete is around 5,000$...

That is correct. My 0.5 complete listed as restored due to cover trimming was purchased of eBay for a best offer made on a $5000 listing. If you read up though, I was not the purchaser so I do not know the accepted offer.

There is zero sign of this book slowing down. The only thing that could change it would be an unexpected find of new issues. I always wonder on a book like this where there are about 2700 slabbed, how many raws are still left.

I would hazard at least that many un-slabbed copies left in the wild. There have been extensive threads devoted to estimating populations. From memory Rick said he knows a guy with a long box full of AF15s.

Yup, here is a thread from the not too distant past with a poll and commentary from some of the experts and non-experts of the boards...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=370824&Number=8407814#Post8407814

Has anyone seen any trends with "conserved" copies? I have a 4.0 with no color touch, no Marvel chipping. I've been torn for years about selling it. The cover was reattached and a tear sealed.

I've been torn for years about whether or not to sell it. My best guess at grade before the work would have been 2.0. I just have no clue what to ask.

(I detached the cover all by myself while reading it, lol;) duh.

The tear goes from the right edge to Spidey's chest. It's not a great scan, but the book is in the bank, so I can't rescan it right now.

af150001.jpg

Has anyone seen any trends with "conserved" copies? I have a 4.0 with no color touch, no Marvel chipping. I've been torn for years about selling it. The cover was reattached and a tear sealed.

I've been torn for years about whether or not to sell it. My best guess at grade before the work would have been 2.0. I just have no clue what to ask.

The tear goes from the right edge to Spidey's chest. It's not a great scan, but the book is in the bank, so I can't rescan it right now.

af150001.jpg

Ask full 2.0

af150001.jpg

From the scans and what you have mention...I still see a possible 2.0 with work undone. Definitely price for a 2.0+ price.

af150001.jpg

If it were me, I'd get the amateur resto removed, have it graded, and put it in an auction. Either that or I'd sell it to me. Wait ... if it were me, I couldn't sell it to me because I'd already have it. But if I weren't me and I didn't have it, then I would sell it to me.

It's not amateur, lol. Matt Nelson did the resto, way before he was working for CGC.. He said it was slight, and he graded the book a 4.0. It's a bad scan.

Supposedly it can be undone, that's why I didn't let him do color touch.

Maybe I'll take it out of the bank and rescan it and put it in the sales forum. It depends on what I decide I need when we go car shopping, lol.

I always check the prices on Ebay of this book and cant (but can) believe where the prices are for this and Hulk 1. Coverless copies go for 2K. Its only a matter of time until books like Xmen 1 and Journey into Mystery 83 start to rise as this one gets way too expensive. Money will head to the lower priced ones until they rise as Thor. Iron Man Daredevil etc get even more popular. Nows the time to buy them before they get up there. Still relativley reasonable .

It's not amateur, lol. Matt Nelson did the resto, way before he was working for CGC.. He said it was slight, and he graded the book a 4.0. It's a bad scan.

Supposedly it can be undone, that's why I didn't let him do color touch.

Maybe I'll take it out of the bank and rescan it and put it in the sales forum. It depends on what I decide I need when we go car shopping, lol.

:hi: Sha!

Boy, the color is sure nice on that cover! I'd wager a 2.0 as well as it's a touch sharper than my 1.8.

And wow. To think that my copy's got to be a $7k + book is insane. Absolutely insane.

I should probably go and have my collection reevaluated since I have most of the SA Marvel mega-keys but it's been well over 3-5 years since I've tracked their values.

I always check the prices on Ebay of this book and cant (but can) believe where the prices are for this and Hulk 1. Coverless copies go for 2K. Its only a matter of time until books like Xmen 1 and Journey into Mystery 83 start to rise as this one gets way too expensive. Money will head to the lower priced ones until they rise as Thor. Iron Man Daredevil etc get even more popular. Nows the time to buy them before they get up there. Still relativley reasonable .

I hope jim83 and xmen take off a little bit,