• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On Heritage. It was a sharp copy with no chipping but it had lt tan to ow pages.

Thanks Dem! Do you think that the page quality difference qualified for a $4k drop?

PQ definitely affects price but the other factor is that so many AF 15s come to market that prices can fluctuate wildly.

I'd rather have this copy than one with lots of Marvel chipping but most would pay more for ow/w in a heartbeat.

Another thing to consider is that another really nice AF #15 CGC 4.0 ow with no Marvel chipping sold for $13,400 on CC in June. I recognize that there were a few 17K sales but those were outliers with the rest of the GPA data for this. So looking at it that way, this 4.0 sold for about what it should have.

Another thing to consider is that another really nice AF #15 CGC 4.0 ow with no Marvel chipping sold for $13,400 on CC in June. I recognize that there were a few 17K sales but those were outliers with the rest of the GPA data for this. So looking at it that way, this 4.0 sold for about what it should have.

I was thinking the same thing. That price is pretty much right at the 12 month average.

Those two sales for $17k do seem kind of randomly high. I suppose we'll have to see what the next 4.0 goes for.

-J.

I was thinking the same thing. That price is pretty much right at the 12 month average.

Those two sales for $17k do seem kind of randomly high. I suppose we'll have to see what the next 4.0 goes for.

-J.

No. Since I recently just got a 4.0 I choose to believe $17k is the new value. :banana:

-J.

Is anything random with Af15?

The last 3.5 went for $15,535 and the last two 3.0s have averaged $13,000, which makes the two "outlier" 4.0s that went for $17k seem right on target.

Edited by gadzukes

-J.

The last 3.5 went for $15,535 and the last two 3.0s have averaged $13,000, which makes the two "outlier" 4.0s that went for $17k seem right on target.

17 is right on for sure.

-J.

17 is right on for sure.

Really? Because a 5.5 just sold for just shy of 25K on CC, which still puts a 5.0 in the 20K range. So where does that leave a 4.5? 18K? My point is that you really have to time how and when you buy this book because prices really do swing wildly. Sure, its great to be the seller of a 4.0 at 17K, but I'm not sure I'd want to be the buyer right now at that number. Not much upside in the short-term and potentially longer term (a year out). Sure, 5 years from now you're fine, but based on how often this book trades hands, I'm not sure how many buyers are realistically going to hold on to this book for that long.

And an AF #15 CGC 6.0 ow w/chipping just ended at $26,850 on CL.

Again, prices are all over the place and challenging to make any sense of, and its been that way for years.

Its all about good eye appeal!

But the 5.5 had chipping too, so the difference between a 5.5 and a 6.0 is only $2000? Again, tough to make any sense of pricing on this book. Definitely not a book you can consistently say is $xK/point like a lot of other keys.

Again, prices are all over the place and challenging to make any sense of, and its been that way for years.

But the 5.5 had chipping too, so the difference between a 5.5 and a 6.0 is only $2000? Again, tough to make any sense of pricing on this book. Definitely not a book you can consistently say is $xK/point like a lot of other keys.

At least one of the 4.0's that sold for $17k had chipping also.

-J.

Very true, i was surprised with the strong price for the chipped 5.5

At least one of the 4.0's that sold for $17k had chipping also.

-J.

I know the dealer who sold one of the AF 15 4.0's for 17k.

It was a legit sale, however the buyer wasn't too intelligent.

I do not think 17k is correct for that book in grade.

Even though I would like to believe my CGC 4.0 is worth 17k I know it should sell between 13-14K normally.

AF15 7.5 ended at 62k. Down a bit, but the staple placement may have had a lot to do with it; I wouldn't have bought it just because of the staples. I think one sold privately for 70, another for 68, so a dip could mean the end is near!!! \:\)

Then we look at the 6.0. I don't get it...

The 7.0 finished at $48.5k, which would have been a GPA high but for a copy that sold for $53k three years ago, that appears to have been CPR'd since.

I actually think the last couple of AF 15 results on C link have been a bit soft.

-J.