• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,525 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 7:42 PM, N e r V said:

I started collecting romance back in the 1980’s including Baker books. I don’t pretend to have a collection like our Dr. Love or others have but pretty sure if I ever started submitting my books some of those census numbers that seem low could change since I have a fair amount of dupes. I’ve just started this year submitting random DC romance books that I have in high grade. 

Let's see those Baker dupes!

On 8/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, Yorick said:

I'm a little skeptical of those numbers.  I believe there may have been some "upgraded" books that were not removed from the census.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:01 PM, manetteska said:

I know of at least 2 CL #25's which are not graded (yet). (:

And that's just in my very small circle.

And there is (or was) one copy of CL 25 that's on the census in the wrong place because the title was misspelled. 

On 8/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, Sqeggs said:

I think this one was mentioned in the thread a while ago as being tough. Only two copies on the census from the end days of St. John.

7019636.jpeg

Any guesses for the cover artist?

On 8/13/2023 at 8:56 PM, N e r V said:

Any guesses for the cover artist?

Good probability it's Lou Morales.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:57 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

That's lovely.

It's not recorded as the variant on the Verification page, and doesn't currently show on the census. There's no regular 9.2 either though. I'd check with CGC on this that they've recorded it correctly. 

On 8/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's lovely.

It's not recorded as the variant on the Verification page, and doesn't currently show on the census. There's no regular 9.2 either though. I'd check with CGC on this that they've recorded it correctly. 

I think I remember reading somewhere the Census only updates once a week?

On 8/25/2023 at 8:35 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I think I remember reading somewhere the Census only updates once a week?

I think so, yes, but it's likely to update as the regular edition if the Verification tool doesn't show the variant field. Hopefully I'm wrong.