• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,479 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, Robot Man said:

Wow, that Terry was a player! 

Actually that is Pat Ryan. Terry Lee is the young blonde kid. I haven't read as much of their adventures as I want... :) The dragon lady had a thing for both of them over the years. 

TerryAndThePirates007-008.jpg

TerryAndThePirates007-009.jpg

TerryAndThePirates025-011.jpg

TerryAndThePirates025-012.jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, Hap Hazard said:

This probably is my rarest Romance comic.

Confessions of Love # 2

confessions of Love2.jpg

Indeed. I don’t have one. Been on my list forever. Don’t ever recall seeing it except right here.

I have one of the Honeymoon Romances digests that I got from Harley many years ago. I had no idea how rare it was when I bought it, just liked it. 

comhoneymoonromance.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

With romance books, I feel like I'm flying blind in terms of trying to determine what's a fair price. I don't know which ones are actually scarce because even though prices have been increasing, Joe Collector doesn't perceive them as being worth much of anything, and the values in the OPG are low for most of the books, so romance books don't get submitted to CGC that often.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:55 AM, Robot Man said:

Indeed. I don’t have one. Been on my list forever. Don’t ever recall seeing it except right here.

I have one of the Honeymoon Romances digests that I got from Harley many years ago. I had no idea how rare it was when I bought it, just liked it. 

comhoneymoonromance.jpg

That's a mighty tough one

On 5/22/2023 at 9:34 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I don't think that this one is rare, but there are only two copies in the census, this one and a 4.5.

2205231947301.jpg

Tough in decent condition i would call that high grade from what i see out there.The day will come when all those hidden love books come out of hiding when the heirs sell the dads collections lol

On 5/22/2023 at 9:46 PM, comicjack said:

Tough in decent condition i would call that high grade from what i see out there.The day will come when all those hidden love books come out of hiding when the heirs sell the dads collections lol

Yes—and more than a few of those dads were probably more interested in the brawny, lantern-jawed male heartthrobs than they were in the females. :shiftyeyes:

On 5/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, C. Spaulding said:

Here are a couple recent ‘ish’ pickups. I hadn’t seen either of these issues available before and felt compelled to pick them up. It might be the PCH-side of me but I definitely like the dark shading and almost sinister look of the Love Journal guy.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.6ceafc2148536afafd34f51402ade54c.jpeg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.e2dc4bf633f66427855b6f7437653638.jpeg

I see that the bottom one is signed Jay Scott Pike (whom I had never heard of). Did he do the Love Journal as well?