• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Did it get graded a 4th time yet and is it in a blue label?

:)

It's going to be the final book in the grading tournament.

I win then since a month ago I guessed right:

666 replies! :fear:

Well...

My major problem is how the hell did that book get a 7.0 (when in it's PLOD state) with that big honking crease going down most of the spine?

PLOD isn't suppose to be a grade bump is it?

My best guess is that it was a 6.0 blue all along and the PLOD was a mistake both in grade and trimming detection.

@ Marvel Zombie

Isnt the restoe check the gold standard that's supposed to distinguish CGC from PGX ...?

Trimming isn't restoration, it's damage.

That's why it's the hardest thing to detect, unless it's a hack job a blind man could see.

Did it get graded a 4th time yet and is it in a blue label?

It's going to be the final book in the grading tournament.

I win then since a month ago I guessed right:

666 replies! :fear:

Well...

My major problem is how the hell did that book get a 7.0 (when in it's PLOD state) with that big honking crease going down most of the spine?

PLOD isn't suppose to be a grade bump is it?

My best guess is that it was a 6.0 blue all along and the PLOD was a mistake both in grade and trimming detection.

@ Marvel Zombie

Isnt the restoe check the gold standard that's supposed to distinguish CGC from PGX ...?

Trimming isn't restoration, it's damage.

That's why it's the hardest thing to detect, unless it's a hack job a blind man could see.

Damn, you are good at this! lol

you're not living in the real world.

Says the guy who acts like he is a cat.

:whee:

Says the guy who thinks he's in the back of a limo when he admittedly doesn't have two dimes to rub together.

:eyeroll:

you're not living in the real world.

Says the guy who acts like he is a cat.

:whee:

Says the guy who thinks he's in the back of a limo when he admittedly doesn't have two dimes to rub together.

:eyeroll:

giphy.gif

Yeah, and I really believed I was in a cincture wormhole, too... c'mon, locations are known to be jokes, look around. My comment about the limo was a jest towards my monetary situation.

Hepcat, on the other hand, has posts where he is really trying to pass himself off as the cat in the pictures. Now, we know that is all BS too, but I think Hepcat may have different ideas.

-slym

Yeah, and I really believed I was in a cincture wormhole....

Many of us wish you were. Your posts would be easier to avoid that way.

too... c'mon, locations are known to be jokes, look around. My comment about the limo was a jest towards my monetary situation.

Okay. So then we weren't wrong to presume that you're still in your parent's basement.

Now, we know that is all BS too, but I think Hepcat may have different ideas.

Well my idea has always been that you post nothing but BS which is why I'm ever so glad to just avoid your posts. But when you insist on going out of your way to draw my attention....

Tell me though, do you ever bother to actually discuss what you like about various comics on this board?

???

Edited by Hepcat

too... c'mon, locations are known to be jokes, look around. My comment about the limo was a jest towards my monetary situation.

Okay. So then we weren't wrong to presume that you're still in your parent's basement.

Well my idea has always been that you post nothing but BS which is why I'm ever so glad to just avoid your posts. But when you insist on going out of your way to draw my attention....

Tell me though, do you ever bother to actually discuss what you like about various comics on this board?

???

1) it's called the ignore function - you should use it!

2) my parents don't own a house with a basement :P

3) if you read my posts, you'd see that sometimes I do actually talk about comics - what about that "When Arch gets back..." thread you have, do you talk about comics there? I went through the first few pages and saw nothing of comics, yet it stinks up the CG board every few days. But I know that you are a mod and that thread will never get moved to the WC, where it belongs.

-slym

I didn't say they were all jokes... but I doubt Aces is really in Phil's Parking Lot. Dr. Balls' location isn't even a location.

;)

-slym

I was just at Phil's last night to pick up my monthly pull. :acclaim:

???

3) if you read my posts, you'd see that sometimes I do actually talk about comics - what about that "When Arch gets back..." thread you have, do you talk about comics there? I went through the first few pages and saw nothing of comics, yet it stinks up the CG board every few days. But I know that you are a mod and that thread will never get moved to the WC, where it belongs.

-slym

:popcorn:

I didn't say they were all jokes... but I doubt Aces is really in Phil's Parking Lot. Dr. Balls' location isn't even a location.

;)

-slym

I was just at Phil's last night to pick up my monthly pull. :acclaim:

TMI :grin:

???

-slym

My parents have a basement. Where else would they put the sex dungeon?