• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I liked the film. I don't think it is the best Marvel movie or the best CB movie ever or that it will win an Oscar. The best parts were the portrayals of Cap's and Widow's fighting ability. It was truly like the comics come to life. Loved the scene with Peggy & the Lemurian Star mission.

Does anyone have a guess

who Cap saved in WWII who went on to marry Peggy Carter?

The easy assumption would be Percy. But this is the 21st Century, so maybe it was Gabe.

Edited by MR-SigS

Wow what a great movie, I think this is better than the Avengers. There was almost no cheesiness like in Cap 1 or Iron Man 3.

Just one thing....

Hydra/SHIELD were taken down too quickly for having plotted decades for this moment. This could have easily been expanded into the other films with an ending in Avengers 2. Iron Man was a target so it would have been cool to have him make at least a cameo appearance, especially since the news had to have been all about Cap going rogue, not too mention all the chaos around DC. New York isn't that far away.

When Nick Fury was ambushed by the Hydra disguised as police officers, he tried to call his S.H.I.E.L.D. agent friend, Maria Hill. If I were Fury, I would have tried to call Iron Man. He was in NYC, so he could have been there in 5-10 minutes and taken care of all those guys with barely any effort lol Alas, he was not able to communicate with anyone anyway...but hypothetically speaking.

Does anyone have a guess

who Cap saved in WWII who went on to marry Peggy Carter?

The easy assumption would be Percy. But this is the 21st Century, so maybe it was Gabe.

Was...

...Percy in the first movie? I was thinking James Falsworth

That's him ;) Though in the comics he's named Percy E. Pinkerton. I guess they didn't like the name.

wwud38D.jpg

Edited by MR-SigS

Wow what a great movie, I think this is better than the Avengers. There was almost no cheesiness like in Cap 1 or Iron Man 3.

Just one thing....

Hydra/SHIELD were taken down too quickly for having plotted decades for this moment. This could have easily been expanded into the other films with an ending in Avengers 2. Iron Man was a target so it would have been cool to have him make at least a cameo appearance, especially since the news had to have been all about Cap going rogue, not too mention all the chaos around DC. New York isn't that far away.

When Nick Fury was ambushed by the Hydra disguised as police officers, he tried to call his S.H.I.E.L.D. agent friend, Maria Hill. If I were Fury, I would have tried to call Iron Man. He was in NYC, so he could have been there in 5-10 minutes and taken care of all those guys with barely any effort lol Alas, he was not able to communicate with anyone anyway...but hypothetically speaking.

Fury was in D.C. not NYC when this happened.

Just one thing....

Yes, I know. Iron Man could have traveled from NYC to DC in 10 minutes or less.

Just one thing....

It is about who he trusts at that point in the movie. Fury had discovered SHIELD is compromised by that point. He contacts only those he knows he can trust. Iron Man may not be in that group.

Just one thing....

Tony Stark destroyed all his Iron Man suits at the end of Iron Man 3. Fury likely knew this. Unless we assume Tony built another suit in the interim, how could he have reached or helped Fury?

P.S. : If I recall, at the end of Iron Man 3, it said "TONY STARK will return in the Avengers", it did not say "IRON MAN will return in the Avengers". hm

Just one thing....

Tony Stark destroyed all his Iron Man suits at the end of Iron Man 3. Fury likely knew this. Unless we assume Tony built another suit in the interim, how could he have reached or helped Fury?

P.S. : If I recall, at the end of Iron Man 3, it said "TONY STARK will return in the Avengers", it did not say "IRON MAN will return in the Avengers". hm

I forgot the events that took place at the end of IM 3. I was probably trying to forget the ending to that movie. :facepalm:

Just saw it and I absolutely loved what they did with Zola. Perfect re-imagining to the screen that retains the essence of the character and visual style!

Pretty much one of the best Marvel movies to date. Though I kinda felt that Hydra 'freaked' out at the end for such a long term plan. If a known fugitive (cap) starts saying your boss is evil and not to do your job (which was capture said fugitive) there might be a little more hesitation in everyone. Hell the hydra employees could just have said "nope not true..why believe him when he is a criminal at this point" rather then immediately pull out all the guns and run around in a panic.

Best part of CAP 2 was proving that anyone can look how they want even at age 50! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Grillo

That guy is 50! Wow, never would have guessed.

Yea!

I mean listen we all can't be models, haha, cause our parents are responsible for how are faces look, but we are responsible for our bodies turn out.

The reason people can't fit into their jeans isn not because of genes 99.99999% of the time.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I saw it yesterday and while I think they caught a big essence of what makes Cap great, the movie overall was very good. That being said, the folks who said that it was better than the Dark Knight should probably go watch that again. Not trying to cause a stir, but the DK is a very solid movie (directing, writing, acting), there were a few holes in this one.