• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Awesome trailer previews of ASM movie # 2 with Elektro, Rhino, Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy. <3 Better 3D ASM swinging on his web. Preview at end of Capt America 2 movie makes me want to run out and buy origin of Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver.

The audience in my screening were all shocked& gasped when Bucky was revealed as The Winter Soldier (but us comic book nerds already knew his identity lol )

Did any of you get the same reaction from audiences as well?

+1 Yep. People all in around us did that. My wife (not a comic fan) was surprised, too.

Great flick, I love the spy-and-espionage style they are going with on Cap, looking forward to what they do with Winter Soldier, too. I think they grabbed the best parts of Brubaker's run in the film.

After watching it again today I can say, if iron man 3 came out after cap 2 it would be considered a bad movie.

If Iron Man 3 came out a week after an Ishtar/Cabin Boy double feature, people would still say it sucked.

After watching it again today I can say, if iron man 3 came out after cap 2 it would be considered a bad movie.

It was a bad movie. The drooling sycophant fan boys just can't admit it.

Now I know why I always wear a bib. :/

Loved It! Way better than Cap 1 by miles.

Agree with those who consider it to be up there with IM 1 and Avengers.

Nice homage to Steranko/Bond art/themes in the credits as well.

Wonder how they will treat Quicksilver/SW, what with X-MEN coming out shortly.

I suppose the characters/stories would be completely independent.

Edited by bronze_rules

Why didn't Fury trust Tony Stark?

:gossip: Stark is an alchoholic loose cannon with corporate level control issues..... not someone to trust. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Loved It! Way better than Cap 1 by miles.

Agree with those who consider it to be up there with IM 1 and Avengers.

Nice homage to Steranko/Bond art/themes in the credits as well.

Wonder how they will treat Quicksilver/SW, what with X-MEN coming out shortly.

I suppose the characters/stories would be completely independent.

Saw it today,simply loved it. :applause:

April and I went to see it yesterday. All that was available during the time we had to see it was the 3D show, and surprisingly the 3D was non-distracting. It felt more like you were "in" the film and it certainly was very sharp & clear. April has gotten headaches whenever she's seen 3D films in the past, but this one didn't bother her at all.

Regarding the film...wow. It was simply perfect. The acting, the effects, the drama, the fighting...wow. I wouldn't change a thing, really. April was mad when I commented on ScarJo's rear filling the screen for one shot, but then she got Evans in a tank top with all his ripped-ness later so I told her to shut it. lol.

Just a great time at the theater, and since the trailers were TNMT, X-Men, ASM2 and Guardians I really felt lucky. This is a golden age for us comic book fans, and I'm loving every minute of my childhood dreams of real-life superheroes playing out on the big screen.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Who all caught the Pulp Fiction reference on Nick Fury's tombstone? I was disappointed that I was the only one in the audience who chuckled at that. (shrug)

I saw it again last night. I still enjoyed it!! I did not get the Pulp fiction reference.

The Ezekiel quote on his tombstone at the end of the film was Jackson's line in Pulp Fiction.

Peace,

Chip

I saw it again last night. I still enjoyed it!! I did not get the Pulp fiction reference.

The Ezekiel quote on his tombstone at the end of the film was Jackson's line in Pulp Fiction.

Peace,

Chip

Oh duh!! That makes total sense. Thank you!