• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

So all the players are in place for a Death of Captain America and Civil War-like story to come.

lots to be setup up still before getting to that, but the option is certainly there a fair way down the road.

I agree, but Cap's attitude changed quite a bit in this movie. I wonder if DOFP will enlighten us more on this ?

Loved the movie. Great fighting sequences,story and character development. On par with IM1,Avengers, and Thor1(loved Thor1 have found it to be a movie I have enjoyed rewatching many times).

Once again marvel shows how to make a better movie out of a lower tier character than sony and fox can make out of "A" list characters. Which is a comfort as IM3 and Thor2 had me worried marvel was losing its touch.

Jasper Sitwell a hydra agent? ZOINKS!!!

I just saw Captain America: Winter Soldier and thought it was FANTASTIC! I thought the first Cap movie was pretty bad, so I wasn't expecting much from this sequel. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised!

I still don't see Chris Evans as the right actor for Captain America, but I felt he portrayed the role far better in this sequel than he did in the first Cap film or the Avengers. Everyone else from a casting standpoint was just fine!

The fight scenes and car chase sequences were great. The martial arts were superb. In all of the other Marvel movies, the fight scenes were kind of generic in my opinion. As far as fight scenes go, I think this movie displayed them better than any Marvel movie so far.

It was exciting to hear Dr. Strange briefly mentioned!

An excellent movie overall!

CAP 2 was a great film, but I dont know why so may folks are trashing the first CAP film - Of the two, the first was a better film.

I suspect that the first film may have been "overly patriotic" for some people's taste I just guess thats the world we live in today. I thinkCAP 1 perfectly captured some elements of films made at that time.

Here's hoping that CAP 3 will be even better!

CAP 2 was a great film, but I dont know why so may folks are trashing the first CAP film - Of the two, the first was a better film.

I suspect that the first film may have been "overly patriotic" for some people's taste I just guess thats the world we live in today. I thinkCAP 1 perfectly captured some elements of films made at that time.

Here's hoping that CAP 3 will be even better!

I love patriotism. I just don't care for bad movies.

I thought Cap 2 was great! I felt like I was watching the Bourne Identity movies...with superheroes. The fight scenes were intense. Falcon was pretty cool to watch dart around the ships with his hi-tech wings. Chris Evans can pull off Cap. Not my first choice, but he does a solid job.

I'm putting this up there with Avengers, first Tobey McGuire Spiderman and Ironman.

The audience in my screening were all shocked& gasped when Bucky was revealed as The Winter Soldier (but us comic book nerds already knew his identity lol )

Did any of you get the same reaction from audiences as well?

Yep, happened here, too, including one, "Oh, NOOO!"

Saw it today, I think it was better than the first one also. To anyone who says this is on par with any part of the batman trilogy, you are just an unabashed, marvel fanboy. It was a good, entertaining movie, my kids left the theater happy, and I didn't feel like I got screwed out of my money. I will certainly buy it, when it comes out on blu-ray, because it is a fun, entertaining movie. I don't consider it a very deep, or thought provoking movie. If you think my opinion is bad, I read a review the other day, that completely torches this movie.

This thread is surprising.

Fifteen pages in, and no negative reviews or bashing of the film, yet.

Either I'm dreaming, or I've signed into the wrong boards :insane:

Maybe the people who might bash it have no desire to see it. :whistle:

This thread is surprising.

Fifteen pages in, and no negative reviews or bashing of the film, yet.

Either I'm dreaming, or I've signed into the wrong boards :insane:

Maybe the people who might bash it have no desire to see it. :whistle:

Thank heaven for small favors. :cool:

Saw it today, I think it was better than the first one also. To anyone who says this is on par with any part of the batman trilogy, you are just an unabashed, marvel fanboy. It was a good, entertaining movie, my kids left the theater happy, and I didn't feel like I got screwed out of my money. I will certainly buy it, when it comes out on blu-ray, because it is a fun, entertaining movie. I don't consider it a very deep, or thought provoking movie. If you think my opinion is bad, I read a review the other day, that completely torches this movie.

Ok.