• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the movie. It was fun AND smart. And the Bond producers have their work cut out for them. 007 has nothing on Fury.

Few favorite moments. Spoiler warning, do not open if you haven't seen it.

"Shall we play a game?"

"The Path of the Righteous Man..."

the way Stan paused on the 'f' when he said "I'm so...fired". He got applause from the crowd in the theater

Minor nitpick. Again, spoiler.

when WS shot a grenade at Cap's shield and it knocked him off the overpass I immedately thought "he took a direct it from THOR'S HAMMER. How does a gnat of a grenade knock him over?" Unless it's explained as Cap simply being off-balance. It's a minor nitpick, and doesn't take away from my enjoyment of thr film

I'll be seeing it again in the theater and again and again at home when it is released.

As far as Batman vs Avengers vs Iron Man vs Cap vs Super Man vs Squirrel Girl goes, I'm just happy I'm alive to realize my childhood heroes on the big screen at all. Some movies are better than others, but I appreciate any comic book movie I see. Are X3 and Wolverine:Origins considered comic book movies, though? Maybe I'll just say I didn't watch them. ;)

I liked the movie a lot, but geez what's a woman got to do to get some respect? This is a Marvel Team Up movie not a Cap solo adventure - Black Widow gets almost as much screen time as Steve Rogers and is just as crucial to the story, but she can't get a mention in the title? That ain't right - she needs to go kick some behind until she gets proper billing.

Winter Soldier really doesn't have much to do with the movie. He's basically just an expensive weapon used by the real villains. Everything would happen pretty much the same with or without him. I don't see that as a major flaw, just a little odd considering the title/marketing.

I think Chris Evans is great in this role, and Anthony Mackie was fantastic. I feel like there's a scene missing where they actually get the Falcon suit, but that's what DVDs are made for.

I loved the first hour of the first Cap movie but thought it trailed off after that - still good, but just a little disappointing at the end. This one didn't have any weak stretches. Lots of fun.

The audience in my screening were all shocked& gasped when Bucky was revealed as The Winter Soldier (but us comic book nerds already knew his identity lol )

Did any of you get the same reaction from audiences as well?

Oh I definitely did when I saw it Friday. During the fighting scene, it was just dead silence. Then when Cap removed Bucky's mouth mask and when he looked at Cap, some of the audience were shocked that it was Bucky. I played along with it too. I was entertained by that reaction.

Just saw it last night, movie was good, could of done without all the added cursing. LIked the characters and introduction to new characters, strange, quicksilver, scarlet witch. And unknown to many and hopefully Disney will portray this is that the Black Panther made Falcon's uniform.

Also, they changed Falcon's history a little bit. or will talk about further maybe or explore his other abilities.

Edited by C.P.C.I.V.

I liked the movie a lot, but geez what's a woman got to do to get some respect? This is a Marvel Team Up movie not a Cap solo adventure - Black Widow gets almost as much screen time as Steve Rogers and is just as crucial to the story, but she can't get a mention in the title? That ain't right - she needs to go kick some behind until she gets proper billing.

Winter Soldier really doesn't have much to do with the movie. He's basically just an expensive weapon used by the real villains. Everything would happen pretty much the same with or without him. I don't see that as a major flaw, just a little odd considering the title/marketing.

I think Chris Evans is great in this role, and Anthony Mackie was fantastic. I feel like there's a scene missing where they actually get the Falcon suit, but that's what DVDs are made for.

I loved the first hour of the first Cap movie but thought it trailed off after that - still good, but just a little disappointing at the end. This one didn't have any weak stretches. Lots of fun.

Yes, I felt it was missing as well and was expecting to see how they get it. I felt that there wasn't enough Falcon in the movie, but I understand.

Saw CAWS last night. It was excellent on a DK3 level. Had you constantly thinking and engaged. I think Scarlett J. stole the show as Black Widow, she really portrays how lethal the Widow is. Great casting getting Robert Redford and Garry Schandling (reprising his Iron Man 2 role) in there, and the fight sequences were Jason Bourne-esque.

Marvel Studios is just crushing it. I feel bad for Sony and Fox, and really bad for DC!

My sentiments exactly. I saw it at a packed matinee yesterday and thought it was amazing. The crowd was really enthusiastic as well.

I saw it Thursday night and really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much since I wasn't crazy about the first one but this was definitely worth going to see. The fight scenes were fantastic and of course you can't wrong with the Black Widow eye candy.

I am a long time Cap fan and THIS was the Cap movie that I had been waiting for. They had to do the obligatory origin in the first movie along with some character setup, but Cap 2 nails it. Some things that I really enjoyed were the emphasis on "Super Soldier"and still keeping the old school moral compass intact. Cap was presented as a leader, a soldier, a strategic mind, a normal joe, and best of all "the ultimate hand to hand fighter" with plenty of shield throwing action too.

In the theater I sat in front of a couple of 8 and 10 year old boys. At the start they were typical boisterous kids and I started to turn around and tell them to nip it. But them I remembered that as much of a old, emphasis on old, Cap fan that I am; this was a movie made for the next generation and I hoped they were going to get a thrill. They did. It was old school screen talk back..."no, don't kill Black Widow too" ...."get em Cap"...."whoa, did you see that back kick".

A weird thought on critic reviews. I read one review before seeing the movie where the guy blasts the film for having comic book violence where no one gets hurts. What? Dude must of had his eyes closed for most of the film. This was not a touchy-feely movie. Some serious stuff was going on.