• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I absolutely loved what they did with Zola and I smiled when they name-dropped Dr. Strange.

I thought the mid-credits scene was done very well, also. Von Strucker is just as I'd picture him if he were real. :)

This is such a great time for us. Enjoy it, my friends.

Peace,

Chip

But I did see Ed Brubaker as one of the scientists working on the Winter Soldier.

I saw that, too - but only in the credits. That's a cool cameo - and speaking of cameos, that was one of Stan's better ones.

I absolutely loved what they did with Zola and I smiled when they name-dropped Dr. Strange.

I thought the mid-credits scene was done very well, also. Von Strucker is just as I'd picture him if he were real. :)

This is such a great time for us. Enjoy it, my friends.

Peace,

Chip

When I first saw that big monitor with the camera on top, I started chuckling because I knew that was Zola. That was a fantastic nod to his comic appearance without being the goofy android.

Great movie!!! I would put it in range of Iron Man 1, Avengers, Dark Knight trilogy, Superman 1&2, Blade 1&2 and Spider-Man 1&2. Didn't walk away feeling let down and cheated like Iron Man 2&3, Green Lantern, Kilmer/Clooney Batmans and Superman Returns.

Took my son and a group of his friends this weekend. They were clapping and cheering throughout the movie! The sight of them enjoying it so much definitely warmed my heart. Everyone agreed that it was a winner.

These are great times, indeed. Being able to share these movies with my son makes it even sweeter.

Who all caught the Pulp Fiction reference on Nick Fury's tombstone? I was disappointed that I was the only one in the audience who chuckled at that. (shrug)

Goin for the 2nd time later today. My mother refuses to see it with my dad so I volunteered! Ill be looking for that this time around!

Thought the Winter Soldier character was fantastic :headbang: really bad azz. Picked up both covers of Capt 6 and holding long term :)

Do yourself a favor, and read the whole storyline...TPB or collect them all! Very well done, and worth the time.

The greatest experience during the movie for me was the audible gasp from the audience when the identity of the Winter Soldier was revealed.

I got a real kick out of that as well...there was a group of people in front of me that had no idea...I really enjoyed the reveal myself, but it was a great experience to see and hear people who had no clue...it reminded me of my first time reading the books and the shock I got from it.

Wow what a great movie, I think this is better than the Avengers. There was almost no cheesiness like in Cap 1 or Iron Man 3.

Just one thing....

Hydra/SHIELD were taken down too quickly for having plotted decades for this moment. This could have easily been expanded into the other films with an ending in Avengers 2. Iron Man was a target so it would have been cool to have him make at least a cameo appearance, especially since the news had to have been all about Cap going rogue, not too mention all the chaos around DC. New York isn't that far away.

I haven't watched a comic movie in a real long time, but this one sounds worth it

Believe me this will be the best super hero movie of 2014!

:gossip:

Guardians will be a close second though.

I thought the Guardian trailer looked great. Thought this would be an awful movie but now I'm hoping for much better.

Great movie. One of the most enjoyable comic movies ever made.

+1

I really liked the whole package, and I loved how it ended - open and interesting. It felt like the ending of Fellowship: people going off right into the next adventure. Unbelievable action in this flick, definitely at the top of the list. I'm excited to give it a few more repeat viewings when it becomes downloadable.

Saw this movie on Sunday with 2 others.

We all enjoyed it.

I put this at the top of the Marvel list of movies, I like it better than IM 1 and the Avengers. It was a serious movie, and the few tidbits of humor felt natural and not forced. The plot is rather complex which I enjoyed.

As mentioned already the action was excellent, some well choreographed fights.

The Winter Soldier character was very well done.

I will definitely see this film again, I will also buy the blue ray/dvd.

We all enjoyed it.

I put this at the top of the Marvel list of movies, I like it better than IM 1 and the Avengers. It was a serious movie, and the few tidbits of humor felt natural and not forced. The plot is rather complex which I enjoyed.

That's definately my assessment as well. (thumbs u

We all enjoyed it.

Yes! And, I can not agree more with your assessment of the Winter Solider character. Very very very well done. I look forward to seeing him in more Marvel films.

I liked the film. I don't think it is the best Marvel movie or the best CB movie ever or that it will win an Oscar. The best parts were the portrayals of Cap's and Widow's fighting ability. It was truly like the comics come to life. Loved the scene with Peggy & the Lemurian Star mission.

Does anyone have a guess

who Cap saved in WWII who went on to marry Peggy Carter?