• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

I'm still on the fence about this series. I like the concept and want to like the show, but some of the acting and dialogue is cringe-worthy.

I'm in agreement that Penguin, Gordon, Selina, and, to an extent, Bullock are done well. I even kind of like the Riddler character.

Fish Mooney and the rest of the gangsters are pretty laughable. Jada Pinkett Smith needs to take it down a notch or two.

Pinkett has been pretty awful. Her brooding and tough talk was laughable.

+1

Worst character on the show and her acting is horrid. It reminds me of one of those wretched made for T.V. U.S.A. channel movies from years ago. I'm on the fence about it too.

Got to see it last night, and it went good. Next week, we should get to see what next the Penguin will do to keep the cash flowing. Looks like it's the beginning of his plan. This sitcom is taking its time to build up.

So far, it's not bad. I find Fish Wanda is somewhat irritated in acting to me.

Pinkett has been pretty awful. Her brooding and tough talk was laughable.

+1

Worst character on the show and her acting is horrid. It reminds me of one of those wretched made for T.V. U.S.A. channel movies from years ago. I'm on the fence about it too.

I think she over acted in the second episode but absolutely soared over everyone else in the first one.

I think the entire show still looks like a 'made for TV' movie, unfortunately.