• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

3,329 posts in this topic

In the learn something EVERY day department, I did learn about people using nail clippers on books, today...I did not know that.

:idea: American Beauty Nails now offers Comic Book Mani/Pedis! Call for details...

Not every Marvel 2 cent variant is a face job, obviously. The fanned pages is far more of a tell than the front to back miswrap. We all have tons of 2 cent variants from 1966-1968

Thats good to know

A poster pointed out my Matt Wilson post.

I was wrong in stating that the book I was shown had work done by Matt Wilson. Steve told me last night that the work on the book dealers were shown to determine what restoration was done was worked on by Mark Wilson. He stated that Mark no longer does work for anyone else. Again, the work done on the book I was shown was very very good.

While Mark has posted in this thread he hasn't answered the question of whether or not he has any personal/business relationship with this particular seller.

From what I can find on eBay, the search function and the Google:

Mark Wilson (eBay: dizneyart, pgcmint.com)

- dealer and restorer(?)

- is a board member (PGCMint) and stated that he has no involvement

Matt Wilson (fantasymasterpieces.com)

- restorer

- Mark's brother

Thomas Wilson (eBay: collectors_comics)

- dealer and restorer(?)

- relationship?

Jesse Wilson (eBay: wxproduction, wxproduction.com)

- dealer and restorer(?)

- Mark's or Matt's son

- likes to use tape: LINK1, LINK2

- currently has this book listed on eBay doh!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-1-CGC-7-0-STUNNING-Hulk-Iron-Man-Thor-Marvel-1963-KEY-/190809428113

2dcimad.jpg

The plot thickens sickens

Wow, how many of these Franken-books are there? Methinks CGC haseth a problem here :eek:

This is shocking :facepalm:

I was wrong in stating that the book I was shown had work done by Matt Wilson. Steve told me last night that the work on the book dealers were shown to determine what restoration was done was worked on by Mark Wilson. He stated that Mark no longer does work for anyone else. Again, the work done on the book I was shown was very very good.

While Mark has posted in this thread he hasn't answered the question of whether or not he has any personal/business relationship with this particular seller.

- dealer and restorer(?)

- restorer

- Mark's brother

- dealer and restorer(?)

- relationship?

- dealer and restorer(?)

- Mark's or Matt's son

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-1-CGC-7-0-STUNNING-Hulk-Iron-Man-Thor-Marvel-1963-KEY-/190809428113

2dcimad.jpg

Wow, how many of these Franken-books are there? Methinks CGC haseth a problem here :eek:

If I called the Wilson brothers crooked crooks, could I get into trouble for that?

So it looks like a circle of sellers that are related.

Before we just thought it was one seller, but now it seems that there is

Transformers_More_Than_Meets_The_Eye_Autobots-T-link.jpg

Coincidentally the primary reason Mark Wilson shut down World's Finest and sold off its inventory was because, with the advent of The CGC, the company (WF) was being inundated with refund requests due to the high volume of books revealed to have undisclosed restoration. Closing enabled Wilson to avoid the problem.

Coincidentally the primary reason Mark Wilson shut down World's Finest and sold off its inventory was because, with the advent of The CGC, the company (WF) was being inundated with refund requests due to the high volume of books revealed to have undisclosed restoration. Closing enabled Wilson to avoid the problem.

:facepalm:

- dealer and restorer(?)

- restorer

- Mark's brother

- dealer and restorer(?)

- relationship?

- dealer and restorer(?)

- Mark's or Matt's son

2dcimad.jpg

Hi all,

This book in particular went from a 6.5 (Stain bottom back cover) to a 7.0 (with no mention of a stain). It is really helpful to us when concerns are pointed out as in many ways this is a team effort. But be cautious when you put your faith entirely in scans as they do not always tell the entire story. Be assured we are still working on this, but please let's hold off on the torches and pitchforks.

Thanks

Not just threads here , everywhere , we understand that , don't need to read anything..Something needs to be done...

CGC starts hammering for ugly front to back miswraps and this stops.

Not just threads here , everywhere , we understand that , don't need to read anything..Something needs to be done...

Simplistic.

Simplistic.

36117140.jpg

Simplistic.

I had a couple of synapses fire this morning.

- dealer and restorer(?)

- restorer

- Mark's brother

- dealer and restorer(?)

- relationship?

- dealer and restorer(?)

- Mark's or Matt's son

2dcimad.jpg

Hi all,

This book in particular went from a 6.5 (Stain bottom back cover) to a 7.0 (with no mention of a stain). It is really helpful to us when concerns are pointed out as in many ways this is a team effort. But be cautious when you put your faith entirely in scans as they do not always tell the entire story. Be assured we are still working on this, but please let's hold off on the torches and pitchforks.

Thanks

KGrHqVHJEYFBlQzFRiBQZgssiEvg60_57.jpg

Stain?

Simplistic.

I had a couple of synapses fire this morning.

Then you had at least one to spare after that brainwave.