• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

All of this is creating a temporal conundrum that is making my head spin. Wells has been looking in the wrong place all along; he doesn't need the Flash, he needs Marty McFly and Doc Brown if he wants to get back to the future.

I admit I was faked out by Wells.

why does Wells poof his hair with mouse when he becomes the Reverse Flash...is that like Superman's curl.

Going forward I don't see how you can have the same villain in every episode. They're going to have to get the real Wells back somehow because I think the actor is too good not to use consistently, just not as RF. And RF will have to switch bodies again, maybe with Eddie and I'm sure he's figured out how to do that and still exist in the future.

Edited by krighton

why does Wells poof his hair with mouse when he becomes the Reverse Flash...is that like Superman's curl.

Going forward I don't see how you can have the same villain in every episode. They're going to have to get the real Wells back somehow because I think the actor is too good not to use consistently, just not as RF. And RF will have to switch bodies again, maybe with Eddie and I'm sure he's figured out how to do that and still exist in the future.

I'm wondering if part of Wells isn't going to be still inside the body, because the personalities are so different when Wells is helping (like with the fire) and when he's an evil madman.

He can't take over Eddie, because Eddie's his great grandfather or something like that...

I'm wondering if part of Wells isn't going to be still inside the body, because the personalities are so different when Wells is helping (like with the fire) and when he's an evil madman.

He can't take over Eddie, because Eddie's his great grandfather or something like that...

Agree with everything, the actor portraying Wells is too good to let go. I'm kinda expecting Eobard's essence to be expelled from Wells somehow, and then float around and take over people like the Top used to.

Why can't he switch with Eddie? How fkd up would it be if he was his own great grandfather?

He can't take over Eddie, because Eddie's his great grandfather or something like that...[/color]

Have they said that Eobard is a direct decendant of Eddie though? Just because they have the same last name, they could be like great great uncle/nephew type thing, or cousins.

When Well's said he needed Eddie for "Insurance" I personally got the vibe that if he didn't take out the flash he was going to do to Eddie what he did to Wells (The whole clone mind transfer thing).

Edited by mediajunkie

I couldn't quite get Well's last sentence and if he gets home, he won't look like himself when he gets there, so he'll have lots of explaining to do

Has the show explained why Thawne needs Barry to help him get back to his own time?

I couldn't quite get Well's last sentence and if he gets home, he won't look like himself when he gets there, so he'll have lots of explaining to do

Has the show explained why Thawne needs Barry to help him get back to his own time?

Not yet, at least not that I have seen.

With time travel, almost anything is possible.

Just watch the movie Predestination to see how easy it is for one person to be everybody.

I think they'll eventually have Eobard take over Eddie's body... though I really hope they don't.

Why do people keep saying RF took over Wells' body? My understanding is that he shape-changed to appear like Wells a la the shape changers on Fringe. It's still Thawne, he just looks like Wells. That's my understanding anyways.

Regardless, I've rea enjoyed the past two episodes.

Why do people keep saying RF took over Wells' body? My understanding is that he shape-changed to appear like Wells a la the shape changers on Fringe. It's still Thawne, he just looks like Wells. That's my understanding anyways.

Because even someone from the future who did extensive research into someone's history including physical appearance, characteristics, general knowledge, etc. would have great difficulty emulating the person: ie-favorite color, food, likes, dislikes, etc.

Additionally: even someone from the far future wouldn't have intimate knowledge of putting together a particle accelerator.

Imagine you went back to 1890 and tried to build a car or a blender or anything technically sophisticated. In spite of the fact that they're commonplace and you're 'advanced' relative to the folks in the 1890's you would be hard pressed to build it on your own.

Furthermore, Wells APPEARS to exhibit genuine remorse and regret over the loss of his 'wife' in the accident. It insinuates that Thawne shares at least the memories of Wells if not other characteristics.

Because even someone from the future who did extensive research into someone's history including physical appearance, characteristics, general knowledge, etc. would have great difficulty emulating the person: ie-favorite color, food, likes, dislikes, etc.

Additionally: even someone from the far future wouldn't have intimate knowledge of putting together a particle accelerator.

Imagine you went back to 1890 and tried to build a car or a blender or anything technically sophisticated. In spite of the fact that they're commonplace and you're 'advanced' relative to the folks in the 1890's you would be hard pressed to build it on your own.

Furthermore, Wells APPEARS to exhibit genuine remorse and regret over the loss of his 'wife' in the accident. It insinuates that Thawne shares at least the memories of Wells if not other characteristics.

It's possible that they'll reveal that he has Wells' memories, but it's not a given. I haven't seen anything on the show that suggests they're going in that direction, but that doesn't mean they won't. All I've seen is RF pretend to be Wells (after he used his device to copy him) and Wells' corpse dug up in Starling City.

It's possible that they'll reveal that he has Wells' memories, but it's not a given. I haven't seen anything on the show that suggests they're going in that direction, but that doesn't mean they won't. All I've seen is RF pretend to be Wells (after he used his device to copy him) and Wells' corpse dug up in Starling City.

There have been some direct comparisons based upon the appearance of "Everyman" in the last few episodes. That character would emulate the appearance of someone, then know VERY little about what to say or do with others.....as evidenced by his transformation into Barry and not knowing how to interact with Caitlin or Iris (or even who they were). Now if RF Wells had that sort of issue in the past, they didn't reveal that.....BUT I'd say it'd be exceptionally difficult to have an entire organization behind you building a particle accelerator in the middle of a densely populated area....ESPECIALLY if you exhibted signs and symptoms of tramautic brain injury with selective amnesia. It just stands to reason that he wouldn't be able to accomplish anything he set out to do without possessing the knowlege of Wells to a high degree. In spite of the fact folks say he was a 'completely different person', they would have said "he's not in his right mind" if he didn't recognize or be able to dialogue with folks after the accident.

I think some interesting clues surfaced. His "There will be a reckoning." comment points to the Flash causing some tragedy to befall Eobard in the future and that is in part responsible for his evil bent. He is simply out for revenge, but in an ironic twist, he finds himself in the past having to help create the very thing that causes his future tragedy. Another theme is that Eobard has been working to try to preserve a timeline of events leading up to the Flash's disappearance in some crisis ten (now nine) years from now. How the two are connected is yet to be played out. There was also an Easter egg that the Flash is a founding member of.................

(shrug)

People keep saying it because it gets the point across quickly (at least for me).

Only the writers know the extent of the device's transfer capabilities and hopefully they'll use that to somehow make it possible for the real Well's to return.