• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
55 55

8,622 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 12:22 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This is a first. I got positive feedback on a sale that the buyer never paid for. Maybe he just missed that he had an unpaid item? I did send an invoice after a few days of non-payment, so the buyer would have been notified multiple times.

ScreenShot2023-06-22at12_15_19PM.thumb.png.6d7f750ae252766f1932919403938ba4.png

If you go through your recent purchases posting feedback one after another, a non-completed sale does not stand out. So you can forget to skip it, and post it by accident. 

A warning to sellers about ebay member raddude3000

On Sunday I traveled from one of my homes to another for a 2-3 week stay and brought a box containing my current 42 eBay listings (all comics).  For the past couple of years, I have only sold one or two things at a time but in the past months I have ramped this up to about 40 listings.  I've sold about 5,000 comics the past 10 years and am about the best seller anyone would want to deal with.

Anyway the day after I left home this guy buys a book.  I go to the box to pull it but it isn't there.  Obviously, a mistake on my part but no idea what happened and no way to investigate until I get back home.

Explained this to the buyer, apologized and offered a refund or to put the transaction on hold until I can get back home, find the book and ship it.  He chooses refund.

Here are his first two messages to me:

"Small problem? What the heck? Are you frigging serious right now?"

"Handle it now or you won’t like the feedback I leave on this unprofessional transaction"

In his feedback, he twice calls me a scammer and accuses me of "stealing his money" and "using it" for the 5 days until eBay refunds him.

His page: raddude3000 on eBay

My feedback page: Feedback Profile (ebay.com)

I'm trying to get eBay to remove the comment but it is proving difficult.

Edited by Heronext

On 6/24/2023 at 10:06 PM, Heronext said:

"Handle it now or you won’t like the feedback I leave on this unprofessional transaction"

Threatening negative feedback like this is typically not allowed by Ebay

I believe they view it as "feedback extortion" and will usually remove the negative feedback if you report it to them and show them the threat.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:14 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Threatening negative feedback like this is typically not allowed by Ebay

I believe they view it as "feedback extortion" and will usually remove the negative feedback if you report it to them and show them the threat.

Thanks.  Something like this once happened to me years ago (don't recall the circumstances).  I called ebay and they removed the comment right away.

This time, after not being able to get through to a person at eBay, I submitted a "remove feedback" request online and was turned down almost immediately.

I finally got through to a person on the phone by saying I wanted "help with listing".  The woman who answered the phone seemed to take my side, said I "did everything right", then kept putting me on hold and coming back to me as she "escalated" it to the right team.  After repeatedly saying it will be resolved soon, she finally said I'd hear back by email within 24-48 hours.  When I got that email, it just said I should "try to work things out" with the other party.

Will keep trying

On 6/24/2023 at 11:06 PM, Heronext said:

A warning to sellers about ebay member raddude3000

On Sunday I traveled from one of my homes to another for a 2-3 week stay and brought a box containing my current 42 eBay listings (all comics).  For the past couple of years, I have only sold one or two things at a time but in the past months I have ramped this up to about 40 listings.  I've sold about 5,000 comics the past 10 years and am about the best seller anyone would want to deal with.

Anyway the day after I left home this guy buys a book.  I go to the box to pull it but it isn't there.  Obviously, a mistake on my part but no idea what happened and no way to investigate until I get back home.

Explained this to the buyer, apologized and offered a refund or to put the transaction on hold until I can get back home, find the book and ship it.  He chooses refund.

In his feedback, he twice calls me a scammer and accuses me of "stealing his money" and "using it" for the 5 days until eBay refunds him.

His page: raddude3000 on eBay

My feedback page: Feedback Profile (ebay.com)

I'm trying to get eBay to remove the comment but it is proving difficult.

Let me guess ... it was a $7 book.

razza887

Bought high value slab, messed me about - then didn't pay as he 'found it cheaper' offline.

Block with extreme prejudice!

On 6/16/2023 at 2:38 PM, manetteska said:

I'm fine if just the bottom staple is detached; I'm worried he will be more pissed he didn't get his refund and do something more based on the tone of his emails. I would hope if that happens eBay would see that damage not noted in his messages and side with me, but you never know. I am also playing the "what if" game, so I will wait and see what happens.

Yes, here is his additional details in the return request. At this point all I said to him was "send the book back."

image.png.43f1aac616b06a533a9ac74e277f6d33.png

I have already notified eBay of the above message and others; I have yet to receive any Feedback for this item, but I let eBay know out of the gate this guy was screwy in case more goes sideways.

And this separate message. 

93535487-070E-45A6-8445-E02E596EC02B.jpeg.6f68f933671ca8298bb391af299e3710.jpeg

Yeah, I’m obviously too late on this but I’d recommend if this happens to anyone else to not say you’re not going to give him a partial refund. Just ask him for pictures of the damage so that you can determine if his partial refund amount is fair. This forces his hand. He can either damage the book to whatever point he wants, and then ask for a partial refund, which he might do but if he thinks he’s keeping the book this is self-defeating, just devaluing his own book when he could have just bought a lower grade copy to begin with at a discount. After getting the pics you can still say, thanks but I don’t agree on the value of the damage please send back for full refund. Then if it comes back different than the pictures you have more evidence for your case with eBay

I’ve dealt with one person that did this many years ago when I actually sold raw books on eBay instead of just slabs like I do now. I eventually gave a full refund and told him to keep the book because it wasn’t worth the negative feedback to me but after the case was settled I realized I should have asked to see pictures (my buyer claimed a coupon was cut, but I always do a page count and I’d have seen that). But it seemed to be this person’s thing also looking at their feedback. 

But it is a common scam, unfortunately.

Wasn't a comic sale, but all the same, had an auction end yesterday, and today the buyer requests cancellation due to "found a better price." I have already canceled and blocked.

fredflintstone77

UPDATE: So, I canceled and blocked, and messaged the buyer POLITELY explaining that bidding is a contract to purchase, and that I would cancel in order to save the hassle, but I would be blocking them going forward. I wasn't rude about it, I was very straightforward. I received no response, as expected.

A couple of hours later, another auction I had running suddenly got a big run up and was won by an account that was created TODAY, and immediately sent a cancel request as soon as the auction ended. They messaged and said they were new to eBay and didn't know what they were doing. I'm 99.9% sure this is just a vindictive move from the guy I blocked early, but regardless, you'll also want to block

dbot-71

Edited by F For Fake

wcphg-82

Sold a comic to this new buyer on the ebay. Paid and the book was delivered on July, 6th at 3:26PM at his residence. He opens a "Item not received" today. The situation hasn't been resolved yet. But he should definitely be blocked. The worst part about this is my funds are now on hold. :pullhair:

wcphg-82

Here's his nonsense:

ebaycrap.jpg.6037f523d18b050595dfcf1ed50ab724.jpg

Edited by taro90

If the tracking shows as delivered, eBay should cover you under Seller Protection. Even if they choose to believe the buyer and compensate him.

Just be sure to comply with any requests made by eBay. Provide complete and verifiable responses. Keep thorough records of all related activities and conversations. Take screenshots in addition to relying on eBay's archive system.

On 7/12/2023 at 4:46 PM, Lightning55 said:

If the tracking shows as delivered, eBay should cover you under Seller Protection. Even if they choose to believe the buyer and compensate him.

Just be sure to comply with any requests made by eBay. Provide complete and verifiable responses. Keep thorough records of all related activities and conversations. Take screenshots in addition to relying on eBay's archive system.

Yes, I did take screenshot of all of the conversations. I still have the receipt from the post office too. First time I'm dealing with this on ebay. Never had a lost package, but it's probably not lost. I guess there's a first time for everything......:frustrated: 

On 7/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, taro90 said:

Yes, I did take screenshot of all of the conversations. I still have the receipt from the post office too. First time I'm dealing with this on ebay. Never had a lost package, but it's probably not lost. I guess there's a first time for everything......:frustrated: 

The way to handle this is to just say "The tracking shows the item delivered to the correct address.  I need you to make it official by filing a claim with the Post Office before I will get involved".   This will usually cause them to back off. 

thrift.books

I have not had a problem with this account, but they appear to be another dropshipper with plenty of negative feedback regarding condition, and I don't want to have to get involved with returns for a book that they could potential buy from me to ship to someone else, claiming it's better condition than I do, so I blocked them, as I do with all dropshippers I see.

image.png.c1fee0e37023579997a9fd7fc0ffdd47.png

On 7/10/2023 at 10:55 PM, wiparker824 said:

Yeah, I’m obviously too late on this but I’d recommend if this happens to anyone else to not say you’re not going to give him a partial refund. Just ask him for pictures of the damage so that you can determine if his partial refund amount is fair. This forces his hand. He can either damage the book to whatever point he wants, and then ask for a partial refund, which he might do but if he thinks he’s keeping the book this is self-defeating

I think this is a great idea.  Not completely fool-proof, but it should work a decent percentage of the time. 

On 7/13/2023 at 8:19 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

thrift.books

I have not had a problem with this account, but they appear to be another dropshipper with plenty of negative feedback regarding condition, and I don't want to have to get involved with returns for a book that they could potential buy from me to ship to someone else, claiming it's better condition than I do, so I blocked them, as I do with all dropshippers I see.

image.png.c1fee0e37023579997a9fd7fc0ffdd47.png

Yeah, we hate those 99.3% feedback sellers.

When you have a half million feedbacks in a year, you probably have 2-5 times that many sales. Fewer people leave feedback than ever before, unless there's a problem. Likely over a million positives not reported.

All the big companies work the same way - stuff in, stuff out, as fast and cheaply as they can. This is one of the better performers.

On 7/12/2023 at 4:30 PM, taro90 said:

wcphg-82

Sold a comic to this new buyer on the ebay. Paid and the book was delivered on July, 6th at 3:26PM at his residence. He opens a "Item not received" today. The situation hasn't been resolved yet. But he should definitely be blocked. The worst part about this is my funds are now on hold. :pullhair:

wcphg-82

Here's his nonsense:

ebaycrap.jpg.6037f523d18b050595dfcf1ed50ab724.jpg

It's possible nobody is in the wrong here. The next street over from me has a similar name and the same run of street numbers as my street. I've had packages delivered there a couple of times as well as vice-versa luckily he's brought mine here and I've taken his there but if someone was dishonest it would be a problem because the post office is just going to go with what the tracking says.

Been a long time since I had to try to track down a package, back in my coin days so over 10 years. At the time I had the distinct feeling the postmaster wasn't really looking to much help me luckily whoever got the package just returned it to the sender which then sent it to me again. Maybe now they have better controls in place.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:42 AM, Lightning55 said:

Yeah, we hate those 99.3% feedback sellers.

When you have a half million feedbacks in a year, you probably have 2-5 times that many sales. Fewer people leave feedback than ever before, unless there's a problem. Likely over a million positives not reported.

All the big companies work the same way - stuff in, stuff out, as fast and cheaply as they can. This is one of the better performers.

If you want to take the risk that a dropshipper is going to buy something from you to send to someone else, claiming the condition is better than you said it was, then go ahead. I stated the reason why I'm going to block that eBayer; everyone can make their own decision.