• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

As a eBay seller do you automatically block buyers who make incredibly low lowball offers? Such as $200 for a $5,000 item?

Perhaps it ones own fault for not setting the offer tolerance higher.

How is this for a response?

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-06%20at%2011.22.38%20PM.png

As a eBay seller do you automatically block buyers who make incredibly low lowball offers? Such as $200 for a $5,000 item?

Perhaps it ones own fault for not setting the offer tolerance higher.

How is this for a response?

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-06%20at%2011.22.38%20PM.png

lol

Nice!

Yeah, he never responded. :shrug:

I'm assuming the first post on the first page is what I use to fill my blocked bidders. If not, let me know. There are at least 10-15 that did not load for me....it might be wise to review the list and see if the ids exist and/or the person has taken on new identities.

I would like to add eBay buyer:

intheshadows12532012

to the Blocked Bidder List

intheshadows12532012

Bought an item through BUY IT NOW and never paid nor responded to emails. He/she purchased it within 24 hours of me listing it and ignored every message/invoice I sent. I received my FVF back, of course, and eBay filed a non-paying bidder notice against them for not completing the transaction.

I preface this by saying that this is COMPLETELY MY FAULT. I sent this guys book to the wrong buyer by mistake.

Flash 133, sold on July 26.

cstgrant50

This item was not in the shipment. Please check your inventory and let me know when you’ll be sending it on. I’ve received the other comics. Son of a person_without_enough_empathy.

flying-donut:

Didn't you get four books?

Or did I put the wrong one in there? Son of a person_without_enough_empathy. I did, btw. This guy bought four Silver Age Flash books, another buyer bought four Silver Age Flash books. I must have switched two of them - they were on the same day.

cstgrant50

Do you still have my book? When should I expect you will ship it to me?

Thanks,

Steve No, I don't have your book - I guess I wasn't clear..

flying-donut:

I mixed up the orders and sent it to a different person. You've got one of theirs. I will have to refund you until I get it back. My apologies.So here is my response.

cstgrant50

How are you coming along getting this comic back from the wrong buyer? I really don’t want a ‘refund’ and prefer having the correct comic. Please keep me informed. Also, how do you want to handle the return of the other book?

Steve At this point the claxons are going off, because I don't have this book. I have already refunded him completely for it..

New message to: cstgrant50

I have to wait until I hear back from the other person. When I get it back from them I'll let you know - I have not heard from them at all, and have refunded you for this one. As stated here - the other buyer has not gotten back to me.

cstgrant50

New message from: cstgrant50 (2,858Red Star)

What’s happening with the recovery of this book? Please get back to me. There's been no change in the status. The shipment was screwed up - I admit it - but I refunded him.

flying-donut:

I have not heard from the person I believe I sent it to. I will follow up, but am not sure what more I can do at this point. As stated

cstgrant50

I don’t like being put in the position of having to give less than positive feedback, but watching your auctions, spending my time to place a winning bid, paying for and expecting to receive the comic that all of that effort was to have produced. What would a reasonable person be expected to do? And here we go. The "neg". First off, I'm not even sure he CAN neg me, as I refunded him, so in eBay's mind there is no transaction. Secondly, eff you.

Um. I refunded your money because of my error. What am I supposed to do? I open this question up to the forum..

I preface this by saying that this is COMPLETELY MY FAULT. I sent this guys book to the wrong buyer by mistake.

cstgrant50

This item was not in the shipment. Please check your inventory and let me know when you’ll be sending it on. I’ve received the other comics. Son of a person_without_enough_empathy.

flying-donut:

Or did I put the wrong one in there? Son of a person_without_enough_empathy. I did, btw. This guy bought four Silver Age Flash books, another buyer bought four Silver Age Flash books. I must have switched two of them - they were on the same day.

cstgrant50

Thanks,

flying-donut:

I mixed up the orders and sent it to a different person. You've got one of theirs. I will have to refund you until I get it back. My apologies.So here is my response.

cstgrant50

How are you coming along getting this comic back from the wrong buyer? I really don’t want a ‘refund’ and prefer having the correct comic. Please keep me informed. Also, how do you want to handle the return of the other book?

Steve At this point the claxons are going off, because I don't have this book. I have already refunded him completely for it..

I have to wait until I hear back from the other person. When I get it back from them I'll let you know - I have not heard from them at all, and have refunded you for this one. As stated here - the other buyer has not gotten back to me.

cstgrant50

What’s happening with the recovery of this book? Please get back to me. There's been no change in the status. The shipment was screwed up - I admit it - but I refunded him.

flying-donut:

I have not heard from the person I believe I sent it to. I will follow up, but am not sure what more I can do at this point. As stated

cstgrant50

I don’t like being put in the position of having to give less than positive feedback, but watching your auctions, spending my time to place a winning bid, paying for and expecting to receive the comic that all of that effort was to have produced. What would a reasonable person be expected to do? And here we go. The "neg". First off, I'm not even sure he CAN neg me, as I refunded him, so in eBay's mind there is no transaction. Secondly, eff you.

Um. I refunded your money because of my error. What am I supposed to do? I open this question up to the forum..

Pardon my curiosity. The buyer may be CGC forum member.

I think you have done all you can...Mistakes happen and you have been very up front about it, and given a refund for the errant book.

To use the buyers phrase, a "reasonable person", especially one refunded, should simply chalk it up to "mess happens" and move on.

It could be my suspicious nature but I feel that maybe the buyer could be "fishing" or hoping you offer some additional "compensation"...

...Also isn't "threatening" a neg a big "no-no" with ebay?

Hope it works out.

I think you have done all you can...Mistakes happen and you have been very up front about it, and given a refund for the errant book.

To use the buyers phrase, a "reasonable person", especially one refunded, should simply chalk it up to "mess happens" and move on.

It could be my suspicious nature but I feel that maybe the buyer could be "fishing" or hoping you offer some additional "compensation"...

...Also isn't "threatening" a neg a big "no-no" with ebay?

Hope it works out.

Neg left?

cstgrant50

flying-donut:

cstgrant50

Thanks,

flying-donut:

cstgrant50

cstgrant50

flying-donut:

cstgrant50

Seems like the buyer should receive something for your mistake. (shrug)

mess happens, but it's not the buyers fault he's out a book he won. 2c

Unless they agree to cancel the transaction I believe that they can leave you a neg even if you refund the money. Happen to me once, I sold a $100 book but I was in the middle of moving, couldn't find it, explain that to the buyer and refunded him. I found the book a few weeks later and relisted it and then he negged me, nice [it was a boardie too]. :tonofbricks:

Unless they agree to cancel the transaction I believe that they can leave you a neg even if you refund the money. Happen to me once, I sold a $100 book but I was in the middle of moving, couldn't find it, explain that to the buyer and refunded him. I found the book a few weeks later and relisted it and then he negged me, nice [it was a boardie too]. :tonofbricks:
:whee:

They can still leave feedback

Apologize again, and maybe offer him 10% off his next purchase from you?

An apology and some little token gesture of some kind would be about as far as I would go.

You could always ask him what he thinks you should do

I used to do that I when I managed a restaurant, and had to deal with angry customers, most times they would ask for less then I was ready to give them.

I see why you are naughty to boardies. I can find you here in Chicago next week. Here is your tomato..... :boo:

Edited by JollyComics

I had something similar happen recently, FD.

I ended up refunding the person who had to wait the longest (and the other person got free shipping) and then gave them a pick of any listing I had going for $10 or under for free. They eventually got all their books and the freebie and seemed pretty happy. Saved myself a neg, for sure.

I had something similar happen recently, FD.

I ended up refunding the person who had to wait the longest (and the other person got free shipping) and then gave them a pick of any listing I had going for $10 or under for free. They eventually got all their books and the freebie and seemed pretty happy. Saved myself a neg, for sure.

No remorse buyer. That is good.

The only way I can see a buyer wanting to do (beyond simply being a bit aggressive) that is if they they think maybe they got too good of a deal on the missing book in question, and they feel some kind of way that perhaps that specific book they were looking forward to having at said deal was the one that didn't make it to them, whether they think it was purposeful or not.

I agree in situations like this you chalk it up to mess happens, but I could see myself thinking the above, even while I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Recently I won a bunch of comics related prints, a lot, in an auction, for really cheap and all of the sudden the seller "misplaced them" after I contacted them several times because they were taking their time shipping the item, even though they still had multiple lots of said item still listed as higher BINS, and would go to list hundreds more for a bigger price later. I'm positive they just didn't want to sell me the items at the auction price.

If it was you I would have given you an atomic wedgy off the Lions Gate Bridge.