• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2024 at 10:18 AM, BenF said:

Superman131313 is at it again. Bootleg Fantastic Four 1. Anyone every i.d. this guy on facebook? I'd like to block him in some groups.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/superman131313

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305397342814?itmmeta=01HPPR8KEVX4P1R3K7SWK2VGAP&hash=item471b19a25e:g:yPgAAOSwwMply5LP

You can stomp a reprint in the mud, but can't hide those white pages and bright azz colors.

Had to block this seller: taters65wg

I bought a book from them and I paid instantly. They then leave me a positive feedback but with 3 lines of negative comments that were supposedly meant for another buyer. Words like "deadbeat" and "terrible" were used along with the siren emoji and the thumbs down emoji. Totally unprofessional.

eBay lets you dispute neutral or negative feedback, but not positive ratings. It's also tougher now to call eBay so messages and chats had to be sent by myself for a number of days. The seller claimed to have tried to fix it that day from their end but nothing but crickets in the days that followed.

I understand that accidents happen, but to mar someone's feedback and respond with an "oh well" kinda attitude is not right considering I've been using eBay for 25 years and take great pride in my feedback rating.

I have not yet left feedback for this seller and I'm wondering what might be the right course of action to rate this seller and this transaction.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:36 PM, Lightning55 said:

Putting him on your Blocked Bidder List only prevents him from buying from you

We need a Blocked Seller List that prevents us from seeing listings from sellers we don't want to accidentally interact with again.

This is a great idea, but to the best of my knowledge there is no way to block sellers.

I could be wrong though, and if someone knows please share the step-by-step for the process. And if they do not have the feature, Ebay should certain add it. 

Edited by Stefan_W

There is no easy way to block sellers. The only thing I have found is to use Advanced Search.

Near the bottom, you can add sellers to exclude. But you have to do it with each manual search, or save the search for repetitive use so you don't have to set it up each time. 

I don't know how many bad seller usernames can be added, hopefully as many as necessary. 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:08 PM, Stefan_W said:

This is a great idea, but to the best of my knowledge there is no way to block sellers.

I could be wrong though, and if someone knows please share the step-by-step for the process. And if they do not have the feature, Ebay should certain add it. 

You can write and ask or buy something that you can leave a horrendously, negative feedback for and dare them to block you

On 2/15/2024 at 4:36 PM, Lightning55 said:

Putting him on your Blocked Bidder List only prevents him from buying from you

We need a Blocked Seller List that prevents us from seeing listings from sellers we don't want to accidentally interact with again.

As for the feedback, considering the lack of cooperation you experienced, you can add a response on your feedback received. Maybe describing what happened, and which seller to avoid.

And of course you could leave negative feedback on the seller's feedback, and let him work as hard as you did to try to get it removed.

You could also just let it go, or anything in between. 

These are all good suggestions. Thank you.

This was the (before) comment that was accidentally left for me from the seller after I paid immediately after auctions end:

image.png.41fce2d3f7c5ed2f4a1c3f4df79b1876.png

Even with the positive feedback rating, potential buyers (& sellers) can still view the 3 lines of nastiness.

Below is what it looks like after days and days of back and forth with eBay (the seller was zero help and stopped responding after the first day btw). Now it's just a "+ sign with a long gap.

image.jpeg.4e26f141ee214742615f5456df43087a.jpeg

Again, the seller is taters65wg I should probably leave a negative feedback for them solely for the lack of professionalism and lack of communication. Thoughts?

Edited by MultiSig Mike

On 2/18/2024 at 11:49 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

image.png.42285fe5c679547cb393e5d8e756cf89.png

ebaywolv75sale.thumb.png.05e52e6daaab59349f311f02ae39fcfc.png

ebaywolv75sale2.thumb.png.844810bed782121f8594a21baa8ec260.png

:eyeroll:

:facepalm:

meh

Esurance Beatrice Thats Not How This Works - YouTube

So it looks like he put in an offer, you accepted it, and now he wants additional photos before paying?

And you have Free 30 Day Returns, meaning he would get a free look and be able to return it for any reason at your expense?

Should be blocked just for being ultra stupid. 

skllcrckr

Person won an auction I had that ended at 11 the night before and asked me 11 hours later when I was going to ship the item.  Sent a follow up message a few hours later saying that they paid promptly and an update would be great.  Normally I don't let people bother me, but for some reason this one did.  I work a regular day job and ebay is just a secondary thing,  My listings have right in there that shipping time is within three days.  I am not amazon and even they do not ship out within 24hours unless it is prime.  I just don't have the room in my life to deal with these types of people anymore, so it is just a easy to block them and move along. 

Edited by cms1

On 2/26/2024 at 3:20 PM, cms1 said:

skllcrckr

Person won an auction I had that ended at 11 the night before and asked me 11 hours later when I was going to ship the item.  Sent a follow up message a few hours later saying that they paid promptly and an update would be great.  Normally I don't let people bother me, but for some reason this one did.  I work a regular day job and ebay is just a secondary thing,  My listings have right in there that shipping time is within three days.  I am not amazon and even they do not ship out within 24hours unless it is prime.  I just don't have the room in my life to deal with these types of people anymore, so it is just a easy to block them and move along. 

All you have to say is: 

"Hello (insert his name)

I will try to get your item out as a soon as I can, but within (3) business days is what I can guarantee because I have a day job so that is why I chose the shipping time of (3) Business days from the eBay allowed shipping time. 

Thank you so much for your business, cms1"

If they have a problem with that come back and let me know.  I find it fun sometimes to write back to these nutjobs! lol

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 2/26/2024 at 6:30 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

All you have to say is: 

"Hello (insert his name)

I will try to get your item out as a soon as I can, but within (3) business days is what I can guarantee because I have a day job so that is why I chose the shipping time of (3) Business days from the eBay allowed shipping time. 

Thank you so much for your business, cms1"

If they have a problem with that come back and let me know.  I actually find write these so nutjobs kinda fun! lol

I actually sent them something pretty similar to that, but I like the wording that you used.  I am going to have to save that if any future problems pop up.