• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,600 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2023 at 11:36 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

image.thumb.png.200ee9d0b758db1207be9c561e0b77db.png

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector4.thumb.png.37720061b9917b34f7ebb20a2c95c526.png

:eek: :screwy:

image.thumb.png.c5936ef3e06174bab75f86f4638b1e9d.png

(shrug)

image.thumb.png.afaedf902667d0a0d0c684552e09bde1.png

hm

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector.thumb.png.698883e36a6805403ba0f6318128a559.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector2.thumb.png.b34b98e853b251c0fc0feb5c383dd4df.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector3.thumb.png.06bea120cd3baab1c0d8b8631c4f9196.png

image.thumb.png.fd10dd2128d75356b5729ccb7e283878.png

meh

I had some azhole pull this on me almost 20 years ago, and he stuffed all the books into some chit little box with six styrofoam peanuts for like $4.50 total shipping (I probably paid $30).  Raws, so they were all ruined.

Sadly, this was before eBay or PayPal had the robust buyer protections that are in place now, so all I could do was light up his feedback.

On 12/12/2023 at 6:23 PM, AJD said:

So if you pay 2 x $25 shipping and only one package turns up, is there anything you can do to cause him grief - or at least get $25 back?

There's nothing you can do about it from a financial standpoint. He doesn't offer combined shipping, nor did he advertise combined shipping. By bidding, the buyer agreed to pay the stated shipping amount.

His obligation is to get it to you, once paid. If he advertises Priority Shipping, and sends it Media or Ground Advantage, that's a violation of the auction process as set up.

You could message that you want a refund for the difference in the shipping method. He'll probably refuse, or just not respond. Then you contact eBay to get them to make him do the right thing, whatever that is deemed to be.

You could also refuse the shipment if you see it's not Priority. Then it goes back. And if it was Media, he might have to pay the return shipping as well.  Media does not include paid return shipping like other services do. Then he would have to ship it again by Priority (3rd shipping charge paid), or refund your entire original payment includingshipping, and re-auction the books. An increased hassle for him, but also exposing your newly purchased books to multiple trips back and forth. 

And lastly, you can slam his feedback. Just don't include anything non-factual in the response. Don't say "wouldn't combine shipping", when he never said he would. That's probably how he got the earlier feedback removed. But you can point out the high shipping cost, or if sent by the wrong method, or if packing is poor.

You have 500 characters to work with now. But the more you write, the chances increase that you will say something that gets the fb pulled, so be very careful.

Or you can take him up on offer to cancel, and avoid all this.

I am starting to list things on eBay again after taking a nice break after the "purge of 2021".

Lot of changes in regard to setting up shipping and I still cannot get it right.  Will deal with it tomorrow at some point. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:38 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am starting to list things on eBay again after taking a nice break after the "purge of 2021".

Lot of changes in regard to setting up shipping and I still cannot get it right.  Will deal with it tomorrow at some point. 

I suspect you mean the eBay settings, especially shipping rules, always tricky.

If you're not already making labels with Pirate Ship, I would suggest using that. Much better than EBay Shipping. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:51 PM, Lightning55 said:

If you're not already making labels with Pirate Ship, I would suggest using that. Much better than EBay Shipping. 

For eBay I always use eBay shipping.

I tried deleting all of my former shipping options and starting from scratch.  Somehow there were hundreds of presaved shipping options. 

It took me well over an hour trying to sort things out until I just gave up and revised it by upping the price and offering free shipping.  In the interim someone bought it off Facebook and will be picking it up with cash in hand on Thursday. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/12/2023 at 11:56 PM, Buzzetta said:

For eBay I always use eBay shipping.

Not saying Ebay Shipping is bad, but I find Pirate Ship to be better.

They don't keep messing with the interface. There are no glitches, no interruptions of service. They have low Commercial Rates, and also Priority Cubic, which always beats Flat Rate. They charge 80 cents per $100 for insurance. Very friendly and fast CS - you actually get a human! By phone, email, or chat.

It's always good to have a secondary shipping method, so you might want to set up Pirate Ship as that. It's free. I did that, and never went back. And I really like that eBay gets zero $$$ of my label money.

I had coverage through PS labels on a claim for $600 in USPS-damaged raw comics. I was personally assigned a PS rep that coordinated with the underwriter. Paid in full. Nothing like that is going to happen with eBay, for sure.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:51 PM, Lightning55 said:

Seconded on using Pirateship. Started using them earlier this year and haven't looked back. At the very least I'd say use them for slabbed books, where the insurance may end up mattering (and less than 1% the worth of the book is fairly cheap in my mind).

On 12/13/2023 at 12:13 AM, Lightning55 said:

They don't keep messing with the interface. There are no glitches, no interruptions of service. They have low Commercial Rates, and also Priority Cubic, which always beats Flat Rate. They charge 80 cents per $100 for insurance. Very friendly and fast CS - you actually get a human! By phone, email, or chat.

It's always good to have a secondary shipping method, so you might want to set up Pirate Ship as that. It's free. I did that, and never went back. And I really like that eBay gets zero $$$ of my label money.

I had coverage through PS labels on a claim for $600 in USPS-damaged raw comics. I was personally assigned a PS rep that coordinated with the underwriter. Paid in full. Nothing like that is going to happen with eBay, for sure.

@Lightning55 I want to look into this...I have sold a ton of comics on eBay for many, many years and always use their shipping. The eBay commercial discounts offered are pretty substantial. Do you find Pirate Ship rates to be comparable? Is it just an app download?

On 12/12/2023 at 9:13 PM, Lightning55 said:

Regarding the part in bold:  I'm not saying your wrong or trying to be snarky, I'm genuinely asking so I can better understand - how is it that e Bay doesn't get a cut of the shipping?

Because my understanding is that e Bay calculates their fee to the sellers based on the total amount that the buyer pays: item price, taxes collected and amount collected for use on postage.

Even if you're using Pirate Ship to actually print the shipping label, the cost for shipping would have to be part of the listing and therefore part of what the buyer pays, which is used to calculate the fees to the seller.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:26 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

@Lightning55 I want to look into this...I have sold a ton of comics on eBay for many, many years and always use their shipping. The eBay commercial discounts offered are pretty substantial. Do you find Pirate Ship rates to be comparable? Is it just an app download?

As far as rates, it's close in both directions. I don't remember the exact scenario, but there is some particular eBay rate that is a few cents less per label. If someone primarily shipped that exact configuration, like you sold that same product over and over, you probably wouldn't switch. Every other rate is equal or lower than eBay, especially Priority Cubic. I haven't followed EBay Shipping features lately, and they may have adopted Priority Cubic also, but I don't think so. Insurance, if you purchase that occasionally, is much cheaper on PS.

I use Pirate Ship on my desktop, logging into their site. I don't remember having to download anything. I'm not sure if there is any type of an app.

It doesn't cost anything to use PS, no monthly fee. They make money selling you postage (labels), just like eBay profits from the sale of shipping labels. Neither company sells you labels at cost.

As I mentioned earlier, you can set it up as a backup, compare rates, get familiar with it. You may make it your primary service if you like it.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:53 PM, Number 6 said:

Regarding the part in bold:  I'm not saying your wrong or trying to be snarky, I'm genuinely asking so I can better understand - how is it that e Bay doesn't get a cut of the shipping?

Because my understanding is that e Bay calculates their fee to the sellers based on the total amount that the buyer pays: item price, taxes collected and amount collected for use on postage.

Even if you're using Pirate Ship to actually print the shipping label, the cost for shipping would have to be part of the listing and therefore part of what the buyer pays, which is used to calculate the fees to the seller.

You are correct about eBay charging a fee (fvf) on the shipping cost, tax, and item price. That's unavoidable.

But they also make money on the shipping label you purchase through them. I stated that by not using EBay Shipping, they don't get any of my label money to pocket.

They, like every other postage provider, make money on your shipping label purchase by getting a lower rate than what you pay. They can get enormous discounts due to their volume, but don't pass all the savings on to you.

On 12/13/2023 at 4:49 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

What kind of feedback would you leave for a seller that shipped a slabbed comic book north of $500 in a "paper bag," and took 4 days to do so?

eBaay allows a buyer to include up to 5 photos with his/her feedback (and 1 pic is worth 1000 words).  :boo:

Regarding the 4 days, no biggie. It's not perishable. It'll get there. But I know comic people "have to have it" yesterday. 

Regarding the padded mailer for any comic, that's bs. I hope it survived the trip. And if it did, sheer luck. A seller playing Russian Roulette with your comic. Or maybe his own, if he has to eat the return of a crunched, valuable comic. 

I swear I just don't know what people are thinking in these instances. 

Please enjoy and feel free to block supermario_84. I certainly did.

supermario_84 (44YELLOW_STAR Star)

Could you cancel and refund the two purchases please, it’s really not worth the shipping cost when I get outbid on almost all of the items im bidding on

Blocked for non-payment: hrach8485

Sent me this thoughtful message after I accepted his offer giving him a large discount...

"Hey I’m gonna need to cancel this order i have just over spent and need to stop spending money for awhile.. I’m sorry 😞 if I happen to do any bidding in the future with you I will pay promptly .."

:facepalm:

On 12/13/2023 at 7:36 PM, Lightning55 said:

You are correct about eBay charging a fee (fvf) on the shipping cost, tax, and item price. That's unavoidable.

But they also make money on the shipping label you purchase through them. I stated that by not using EBay Shipping, they don't get any of my label money to pocket.

They, like every other postage provider, make money on your shipping label purchase by getting a lower rate than what you pay. They can get enormous discounts due to their volume, but don't pass all the savings on to you.

Yup, ebay was charging a minimum of $20 to ship from Canada to US, but has been running a promotion of 40% off labels. Since they are just the middleman, how can they discount unless they were taking a cut? It's highway robbery.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:36 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

image.thumb.png.200ee9d0b758db1207be9c561e0b77db.png

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector4.thumb.png.37720061b9917b34f7ebb20a2c95c526.png

:eek: :screwy:

image.thumb.png.c5936ef3e06174bab75f86f4638b1e9d.png

(shrug)

image.thumb.png.afaedf902667d0a0d0c684552e09bde1.png

hm

ebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector.thumb.png.698883e36a6805403ba0f6318128a559.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector2.thumb.png.b34b98e853b251c0fc0feb5c383dd4df.pngebayshillbiddingcomicbookscollector3.thumb.png.06bea120cd3baab1c0d8b8631c4f9196.png

image.thumb.png.fd10dd2128d75356b5729ccb7e283878.png

meh

The relisted #170 just ended at $56, almost half of what it ended for the previous time when you won it. 

Nice to see that the shill bidding and padded shipping cost strategy is working out for him. 

At this rate, if relists it a couple more times he’ll be getting a negative amount lol